Henry's POV

I'm at the fair with Jasper right now. I have to make an effort to have fun. I never had to do that ever before in my life. But since I can't keep my mind off of Charlotte, I'm at the fair. What happened today at school is just drilled into my brain. I keep thinking that me and her have chance at this. But I think she'll just deny it and reject me. I need to stop thinking so much.

Anyways, I have to admit I'm having a good time with just Jasper at the fair. There are so many cool rides and games. Jasper almost threw up on one roller coaster. It was hilarious.

But, the next thing I see just ruins my whole night. I see Charlotte with that Dustin guy and they're holding hands. I overheard her talking to her friend about how hot he is. He's not that good looking. I know she has feelings for me. So why she all up on him all of a sudden? I can't let this happen. I run up to that bastard and push Charlotte out of the way.

"What the hell are you doing here with MY girl!!" I yell.

"YOUR girl! That's funny because the last time I checked I was the one holding her hand!!" Dustin yells back.

"Why you little shit!!" I scream.

Next thing I know, I punch Dustin dead in the jaw. I have to admit, it felt good. He falls to the ground and he's completely knocked out. I didn't know I hit him that hard. Then, Charlotte pushes me.

"What the fuck was that for?!" she yells.

"You barely know this guy! If anything, I'm protecting you!!" I protest.

"No you're not! He's MY date and YOU'RE not! I'm not your property that you can control. I was your friend but I guess that's not good enough for you. Just stay out of my life," she says.

"But....."

"But what, Henry? What else can you do to make my one night of happiness turn into hell?" she asks.

"But....I...I....I love you," I confess.

I never thought I would say those words to Charlotte ever in my life. I can't believe I said that. Neither can Charlotte because she's in awe. She just stood there, dumbfounded. Then, Dustin finally gets back up. Charlotte walks over to him and grabs his hand.

"Goodbye Henry," she says.

"Char wait," I say.

"I said goodbye Henry," she says.

They both walk out of the fair and soon leave together. Seeing them walk out and leave together was almost as painful as the terrible thought in my mind that Charlotte doesn't love me back.

(During lunch at school)

I'm not even that hungry today. I'll probably give most of my lunch to Jasper. But I'm not really worried about that. All I've been thinking about this past weekend is what happened at the fair and the thought of how Charlotte didn't love me. I was a total douche on Friday. I never put my hands on anyone like that before. I'm still proud of that punch though. But I know it was wrong and Charlotte is right. She's not my property and I'm not hers. But I feel like my mind is her property right now because its all about her in my thoughts. I have to apologize to her. I walk over to her table where she and a couple of her friends are sitting there and what a surprise. Dustin is there. That's so not going to make it harder at all.

"Hey Char, can I talk to you?" I ask.

"Please go away. I told you to stay out of my life," she snaps.

"You heard her. Leave," Dustin says.

"I'll knock out you out again you little bitch," I say.

"That was a lucky hit Henry. I wasn't even ready," he defends.

"It's not even worth it Dustin. Henry leave now please," she says.

"Wait. I just wanted to apologize to you for all I said on Friday. I'm not even sure if I meant what I said," I say.

"Of course you didn't mean it Henry. But I'm not the one you should apologizing to. Dustin is," she says.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask.

"Fine then. I have nothing else to say to you."

"That's not even fair. I have known you for so long and I liked you first. You don't know anything about this guy," I protest.

"But I want to. You need to respect that I have a say in this relationship and you can't just take me away like you own me. Yes, I like you. But it's too complicated between us," she says.

"We can work this out together. Alone together. Without this guy."

"That's the problem. I don't want to work it out. I just want to forget it. And the fact that you can't even say sorry to an innocent guy that did nothing to you, yet you punched him, is just pathetic and rude," she states.

"Fine Charlotte. I'm so sorry Dustin. I'm sorry for punching you. I'm sorry that you stole my girl. I'm sorry she can't figure out what she really wants. But listen kid. You better treat her like she's a goddess. And if you hurt her, I'll make sure that jaw of yours stays out of place. Got it pretty boy?"

I walk away from that table because I don't want to hear another word from that Dustin guy. I hope they're not a thing for long. Charlotte can't ignore her feelings forever. Anyways, I go outside with Jasper to eat lunch. I feel like I pretty much lost the little to no appetite I had. I just want to go home and be alone.

(About a month later)

Lately, the whole thing between me and Charlotte has gotten a lot better. I've thought about it and I feel that I'm done with these feuds we've had.We've come to terms and I am going to stay her friend without being anything more. I still love her but I gotta stop fighting for someone that doesn't love me back. Now, we got our project done without killing each other and I even let her pick the Civil War. I just want her to be happy. I'm not angry anymore. I'm letting go like she did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

I'm sorry this update is a little saddening. But, don't worry I'm updating again on New Year's Day. I want to end this story soon. My break is almost over and I don't think I'll be able to update that much. Please give me some ideas so I can end this story good. Then I can put this as completed for good. So make sure to vote, comment, and all that jazz.