Chapter 8 -Protect-

Chapter 8 -Protect-

Her P.O.V.

Sweat trickled down my cheeks as I hold the small knife that I manage to get on one of the slave traders.

I can almost feel the exhaustion weighting me down, the men's eyes were full of mockery and laughter, its like their saying that I'll just die, but feeling the eyes of the remaining four children behind me lifted my spirits I still have four lives to care about, then I glanced to Grey and Oliver's almost lifeless body across me, 'No I have six lives to protect!'.

5 hours earlier

As I tried to find refuge so we can rest I finally found a perfect place to and maybe we can settle down here, its a small orphanage with a priest and a nun, taking care of it, they were kind and welcoming with our arrival. You can tell that they are old with their silver like hair, but still their innocent and  almost angelic behaviors were the flaw, and even Oliver and Grey find it odd.

"Their too comfortable with our presence that its..." "doubtful" Grey finished for Oliver, "and with you having that..." pointing at my back with disgust "I mean you being a hunchback is kinda one of the many reason they should be wary" He continued, I cant contract my wings and now its hidden under a robe that we manage to steal in one of our recent ventures in a small village, that being said, Yes I'm a hunchback now.

I carefully assessed the others most of the children in our group are beasts and their tails and ears are visible and based on my third handed knowledge, beastmen are pretty much damned in this world.

"We don't really have the choice here guys its already dark out there, we should just stay for one night then leave in the morning if we find anything that indicate that their bad people" I pointed out, though my instincts says otherwise.

"hmm.. Your call" Grey shrugged, but Oliver's furrowed brows worries me more.

As dinner were being served I noticed that three of the children were missing, I whispered my worry to Oliver, "I'll accompany you" I tried to stop him but his fast to get on his feet and lead the way.

As we were walking no words was spoken, yet we came to a silent mutual understanding that I made the wrong decision, and it may cause something that we can never have back.... A life.

And its foolish of me to take lightly of the possible scenarios that we can get to when I'm being too naive or maybe just muddled, lives are at stake and its up to me to protect it.