Chapter 4 -Run-

Chapter 4 -Run-

Her P.O.V.

I have to find the right timing, that's the only way.

"Let me..." a familiar voice suddenly whispered beside me, making me jump, "Could you not do that!?" I muttered while rubbing my hot ears, this is the first time in my two lifetimes that I became flustered.

"Openbook" he muttered, then tilted my head, "You... You're easy to read" he continued.

"Mmm" Grey hummed then I felt that he put his palm on my head, then ruffled my hair, "Don't worry, let me handle it" I can't help, but smile because of his maturity, though I still felt flusttered, but grateful, he's such a reliable kid, unlike to that so-called-god!

"Argh never mind that, scum. Go!" The first sentence is for the god while the other is for them.

We parted the curtain that conceals us from the outside--the new world for me--- world.

I just noticed the heavy rain, 'cause inside the dark carriage that were in, we couldn't decipher if its raining or whatsoever, but seeing this kind of weather is a relief, it would be much easier!

The kids came forth and run with all their might, they hold hands with their partners, while being a spectator I could almost hear their silent cry of freedom.

My chest suddenly feel warm for the first time, since I came here.

Good thing that I could still do this here, its like having a true part of being who I really am.

"Lets go!" Grey shouted before dragging me, I almost stumbled on my feet but managed to pick myself up, but maybe because of his shout the slave traders were finally alarmed.

Their shouts resounded behind our backs, even some arrows came shooting to us.

Some were shot to death or nearly gotten shot but, our instructions to them before we leave, is that they have to  left behind their partners and save their own lives, its cruel but survivability of carrying another person is rather very slim, so we specially emphasized that saving their own asses is top priority.

As minutes of running goes on, I couldn't even see the other kids infront of us, maybe we're separated, but thankfully I'm still with Grey and I think the boy that carries a frail body of a girl is Oliver.

I was almost relieved with not hearing the hooves of the horses of the Slave Traders, but not for long.

*woosh

With instincts that I still have in now and then, an arrow pierced through the air seemingly targeting me but missed in the last second because of my agile instincts.

I picked the arrow that scratched my cheecks, this could come in handy.

"They followed us!" Oliver grambled before fastening his pace.

I glanced, examining how many are pursuing us, three...

Lucky.

"I'll distract them!" Grey suddenly shouted, "That's my line!" I argued, not happy that he stole what I'm about to say.

"Are you both crazy!" The frail lump body at Oliver's back finally spoke, I thought she's dead!

Without taking a look to who's speaking, Grey ordered Oliver "Oli, shut your sibling's mouth and run!"

So... they knew each other?