Chapter 9 - Basement-

Chapter 9 -Basement-

Author's P.O.V.

As Yu reflects on her mistake, Oliver came to realize where there at, by the little storage house, located at the back of the orphanage.

This is the only place that the priest warned them not to go, such vigilance should've rang a bell already but with the desperation to find a place to settle down and rest, even if its a short time being, they ignored the obvious possibility.

Oliver tried opening the door but it locked from the inside, he rose a brow and tried knocking but no one responded.

Yu saw Oliver trying to open the door, her brows furrowed, "Hmm should we knock it down?" He suggested before taking a stance on breaking the door, "No I should do it" Yu took off her cloak and wrapped her wing on her arm, these past few days with the discovery of her wings she came to realize that this set of wings are like an extension of her body but much stronger like an armor, when the kids tried lifting those wings there are so heavy that it took 5 children to even lift it off the ground for an inch.

She took the stance, sideways and ran towards the door with a wing shielding her arm, with a loud bang the door came flying inside.

Olivers face was drained from color and shivered a little seeing how those wings could literally send a door flying so easily, he unconsciously swore to never make fun of Yu and to warn others as its like your courting death when you do so.

With the door finally broken they entered the small room, its a perfect symmetrical squared room, with some gardening and hunting tools, hanging by the wall and sprawled on the floor.

"There's a another room here I'm sure" Oliver stated with assurance on his voice, Yu's nose twitched "There a strong smell of blood" she frowned.

They started searching the room until Oliver flipped the small brown carpet that is located in the center of the room, like what they have guessed theres really another room.

Yu's face was suddenly full of worry as she assess the dark stair case with the scent of blood becoming more pungent, with this she became agitated and broke the door with her wings.

Without any hesitation she ran down with no knowledge of whats inside, the frown was never erased on her face but instead deepened with anxiety.

When the way down ended they were greeted with a long well lighted hallway, high ceiling and luxurious paintings on the wall, they unconsciously walked slowly as the paintings are a sight to behold, its full of mythical creatures, dragons, dwarves, elves, fairies, winged horses, demons, beastmen, spirits, gods, and finally a black and white angel, but each of them were not gloriously painted but instead painted in their evil forms, the paintings were gruesome, full of hate and fear, its obvious that the one who painted it intended it to appear malicious.

They stopped at the last painting where a black and white angels were facing each other, this painting is different from the other one as both of the individual in the painting were crying, the black one's wings is being painted with red blood, while the white one were agonizing as its wings were being torn by the ghostly hands on its back.

"'winged ones with their mask, never to be understood, nor to be excused, shall appear to be holy and evil'" Oliver quoted, Yu glanced to his side and subconsciously continuing "'condemned and damned, yielding the light within and finding their own'".

Hearing this Oliver abruptly look at Yu's aloof expression that changed as soon as she realized the words that came out of her mouth.

WTF?! THAT DAMNABLE GOD WHERE DID HE PUT MY SOUL, IMMA NEED TO STRANGLE THAT CHILD WHEN I GET THERE!!!

"How did yo---" before he could continue an ear piercing scream can be heard.