Chapter Five

Sasuke escorts me till the elevator. I step in the little room and the doors close. I lean against the wall and take a deep breath. My heart is pounding and I impatiently wait for the elevator to arrive at my destination: the first floor. I scramble out as soon as I recognize the familiar lobby. I race for the crystal clear glass doors, and suddenly I'm free in the bracing, cleansing, damp air of Konoha. Raising my head, I face the beautiful with gray clouds filled sky and welcome the cool, refreshing rain. I close my eyes and let the water flow down my face. The peaceful sounds of Konoha's everyday life let's me recover the rest of my equilibrium. My breaths are hitched and the image of the young CEO is not letting go 

No man has ever affected me that way. Sasuke Uchiha is the only one and I cannot fathom why. Is it his looks? Those mysterious onyx eyes? Or his civility? Wealth? Power? I just can't understand. I don't recognize myself anymore.

I breath a huge sigh of relief. What just happened to me? Leaning against one of the gigantic white pillars of the Uchiha's building, I touch my chest. Feeling the beating of my heart. With long and deep breaths I valiantly attempt to calm down and gather my thoughts. I shake my head laughing at myself. I am going crazy. Slowly but surely my heart rate gets back to normal, and as the redness fades away I head for my car.

 aѕ  ι leave тнe  city limits behind, I begin to feel foolish. Foolish little girl, that's what I am, for sure. Embarrassed I replay the whole interview scene in my mind and sigh. I am seriously the biggest idiot he has ever seen. This man, he is doing things to me. Okay, I may be overreacting to something that's just imagination. Yes, he is attractive, very. And he's also confident, commanding. But with all honesty, he also has a shadow side. Sasuke Uchiha is the most handsome man I've ever seen, but he's also the most arrogant one, too. He is autocratic and cold. But, can I blame him? No, I can't. This man has accomplished so much in his young years. Leading one of the biggest companies in the world with the age of 28, that, in a way, gives him the right to be like that. I surely would never be like that. I could never be as successful as him, even if I want to.

But still, I am a little irritated as to why mum didn't give me a brief biography. 

Those eyes . . . they are so deep black, like the night sky. And when he laughs, I bet you can see little sparks stars in his orbs. I realize that my driving is perfect. I drive carefully, something I don't do really often: sticking with the speed limit. 

It must be this penetrating gaze of Sasuke in my mind that leads me to such a behavior. 

Those questions. . . Damn, I called him gay. Mother, you and your stupid questions. I shudder at the mere thought of this question. It will haunt me till the end of my life, just like the picture of Sasuke's gaze. It's controlling you, how awkward.And also his stern voice. Mr. Uchiha is acting more like a man twice his age. I shake my head with a soft laugh. I should stop thinking about him. After all, I will never see him again. That's right, I never have to see this man again. Switching on the stereo I lean back and enter

Interstate 5. Freedom!

 we lιve ιn a small apartment complex near the campus of Kirigakure's university. We? Yes, I don't live alone. I share the apartment with my friend Rin Nohara. I know her for over seven years now. She once lived in Konoha, but then her parents moved to Kirigakure. They are friends with the Mizukage, Mei Terumi. Long story short, Rin's parents bought the place for her, and I pay peanuts for rent. It's been home now for over three years now. 

Rin and my mother are really close. She is like a daughter to my mum, and like a sister to me. She is also doing a part-time job at my mother's school. She had the idea about the interview with Mr. Uchiha. Thanks, Rin! But apparently she had an important errant this morning, so anything was on me. I park my car outside and get off the BMW.I fish out my keys and push them in the lock opening the door. I sigh at what's coming now. Rin and my mother are really similar. Both tenacious and curious people. Just like a gossip magazine. She will so blow me off with questions. Well, at least she has the digital recorder. I don't need to talk about this embarrassing scenario again, I hope.

"[Name], you're back!" My hyper friend states. She sits in our living room area reading a book in the armchair. She is clearly studying. The same what I should have done instead of interviewing the one and only Sasuke Uchiha.

"And so are you," I say and yawn dropping off at the sofa. She shuts her book and I open one eye.

"How was it?" She asks and I open my other eye and raise my head.

"How was what?"

"The interview!" I shiver runs down my spine as I think of a way to avoid this conversation. I open my bag and take out the recorder. I set it up on the table and stand up leaving the room.

"Don't remind me about that!" I hiss as I shut the door to my bedroom.