Chapter Six

αfтєя му ℓιттℓє тαℓк with my friend I make my way to my working place. It is a huge hardware store in the middle of Kirigakure, owned by the Momochi family. 

I worked at Momochi's since I started university, and over the years it also got to be like my second home, knowing every sort of tools we sell.

I'm glad I can make it to my shift. It gives me something to focus on that isn't Uchiha Sasuke. When I enter the big building Mr. Momochi looks relieved to see me.

"[Name]! I thought you weren't going to make it today."

"My appointment didn't take as long as I thought."

"Ah, I see. I am actually really happy to see you here."

Of course he is. The store is filled with customers. With the start of the summer season Momochi's is usually pretty popular. Tons of people come here to buy whatever they need.

I begin with my work at the register. Haku, Momochi-san's adoptive son, is at the register opposite of mine. He somehow looks like a girl to me, and all the men gaping at him. 

A woman in her forties hands me a few flower pots and I smile at her. Luckily work is good at distracting me from thinking about charcoal eyes...

  wнen ι arrιve нoмe later, Run is wearing headphones and working on her laptop. She looks very concentrated and is probably writing her essay for tomorrow. 

Crap! I knew I forgot something. 

Though I am exhausted from the drive and my shift, I rush into my bedroom and open my laptop, furiously typing in my password.

"What? Not even a 'hello' or 'I am back'?" Rin's voice comes from behind Mr. The brunette is standing in my door giving me an unreadable look. 

"Ah, I am sorry. I just forgot to finish my essay." I explain with a nervous smile. She just shakes her short hair with a slight chuckle and approaches me. When I look her in the eyes she has this smirk on her lips and this glistering in her brown orbs. 

Please, don't tell me...

"You did good with the interview, [name]. But tell me, why did you reject his offer?" There, I knew she would ask this question. Bad luck, I have no answer. I can't really tell why I rejected his offer with the job. Maybe it's thus intimidating aura surrounding him, but then again, Momochi-san has it either and I work for him. 

Run gives me a fleeting quizzical look and I can't help, but to flush. My heart is racing and I need to find an answer. 

"I-I, what's so strange when I refuse to work for an arrogant employer? And this penetrating gaze... you should have seen it with your own eyes." She shrugs and yawns. 

"Did you take any notes?" She asks me now and I shake my head 

"Um . . . no. I kinda forgot to. Isn't the recording enough?" 

"No, it's fine. I can still make a fine article with this. Shame we don't have some original stills. Good-looking son of a bitch, isn't he?"

"I guess." I mutter inaudible. The picture of Mr. Uchiha flashes into my mind and I blush once again.

"Oh, come on, [name] - not even you can be immune to such looks." 

"Tsk, there are plenty of other men with good looks on this planet. Besides, I'm not interested in looks. My man of dreams needs a good character." I argue flustered and she chuckles.

"Says the girl who is still hoping that Sabaku no Gaara is asking her out some day." She tease me and I feel the heat in my cheeks rising.

"Sh-shut up. That's something else!" 

"Haha, just kidding. Calm down, but I mean it. This man practically offered you a job. He wants to spend time with you." I groan and make my way to the kitchen in hope to escape this question round. I get myself a glass of water and lean at the fridge.

"So, what do you really think of Sasuke?" Damn, she is inquisitive. Can't she just let this subject off the table? Think of an excuse - quick.

"He's very driven, controlling, arrogant - scary, but very charismatic. I can sorta understand the fascination," I add truthfully. There you have it, Nohara, now stop pressing further!

"You, fascinated by a man? And he is not a red haired prince? That sure is a first, [surname]," she snorts .

I put the now empty glass on the kitchen table and start gathering the ingredients for a sandwich. My back is facing the brunette, so that she won't get a glimpse of my face.

"Why did you even want to know if he was gay?" I ask her and she laughs nervously.

"What? I never asked such a question." She attempts to talk out of the crap she caused. I arch an eyebrow.

"I asked my mother. It wasn't her question, meaning, you and your curiosity are the delinquents." I tell her and she curses the name of my mother.

"It was the most embarrassing question I ever had to ask anybody, and from his looks I can definitely say that Mr. Uchiha wasn't pleased at all. Now, spit it out, Rin."

"Whenever he is in the society pages, he never has a date. Not even once."

"It was embarrassing. The whole interview, no the whole trip including my inappropriate entering, was embarrassing. I am glad I'll never have to see him again."

"Oh, [name], it can't have been  that bad. I think he sounds quite taken with you."

Taken with me? Now Rin is being ridiculous.

"Would you like a sandwich, too?"

"Please."

Author's Note: OMG, PUMA YOU UPDATED!? *CHEERS* ehehe, yeah. I am sorry you had to wait so long. If you want to know where I currently am in the original book, it's chapter two (p. 21)😂😅