Chapter Seven

♥  we тalĸ no мore ​of Sasuke Uchiha that evening, much to my relief. We eat, we laugh, but not a single about the man with this intense onyx gaze falls.

Rin works on her article, while I on my essay on The way of Ninja​ by a novelist called Jiraiya​. From what I know about him, this novel is the only book that doesn't contents porn. And I can't be more than happy about that.

The book is surprisingly extremely interesting. The protagonist has an unique name, Naruto​. The setting is a fictional world with the ninja and samurai theme. The man, Naruto, is a skilled ninja and fights in the third great Ninja war. 

By the time I finish, it's midnight, and Rin has long since gone to bed. I make my way to my room,completely exhausted, but still pleased that I have accomplished so much for a Monday.

I let myself fall in my white bed, wrap the blanket around my body and close my eyes. In am instant I'm asleep. That night I dream of dark places, cold white floors, and onyx eyes.

♥  ғσя тнε яεsт σғ the week, I throw myself into my studies and my job at Momochi's. Rin is busy, too, compiling her last edition of the student newspaper before she has to relinquish it to the new editor while also cramming for her finals. 

I call my mom, who is also busy with all the new students, to check up on her a little. She wishes me luck for my finals and I gratefully thank her, but still I can make out a sighing in her voice. She worries me. And I can only hope Jinpachi - her relatively new but much older husband -  is keeping an eye on her now that I am no longer with her. From what I heard and saw, he is much more reliable than Husband Number Three.

"How are thing with you, [name]?"

For a moment, I hesitate, and I have my Mom's full attention.

"I'm fine." 

"[Name]? Have you met someone?" How is she doing this? The excitement in her voice, it's so usual her.

"No. Mom, it's nothing, really. When time's come you will be the first to be informed."

"You need to get out more, honey. You worry me."

"I said I am fine, didn't I? So, how's Jin​*?" Distraction always works is in cases of my mother the best policy.

Later that evening, I call Kisame, my stepdad, Mom's Husband Number Two, the man I consider my father.

He has nothing much to talk about and the so-called conversation develops into a more one-sided talk from me.

♥  ғrιday nιgнт, Rιn and I are debating what to do with our evening -we want some time off from all this studying, work and the newspaper - when the doorbell rings. Standing on our doorsteps is my good friend Suigetsu clutching a bottle of champagne.

“Suigetsu! It's great to see you!” I give him a quick hug as I open the door. “Come in.”

Suigetsu is the first person I met when I arrived at KSU**, looking as lost and lonely as I did. We recognized a kindred spirit in each other that day, and we've been friends ever since. Not only do we share a sense of humor, but we also discovered that Kisame and Mangetsu, Suigetsu's older brother, were in the same army unit together. Not only that, but even my boss was with them!