Chapter 6 - A Difficult Past

"I do believe that if you haven't learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness."

-Nana Mouskouri

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's just that, I can't stop having these dreams..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naruto POV

I hesitated. Should i really tell him? He is going to hate me after that, right? I heard him clear his throat as if he eemanded me to continue my speech. I took a deep breath.

"When I was a little kid, I became orphaned. I was around six years old at the timemy parents were murdered, brutaly. I never got to know who it was that killed them or why. It happened one night, when I slept in their bed, because I was afraid of the thunder at that time. The thunder became louder and louder for every minute wich made me more and more scared. At some point I dozed of due to exhaustion, but I woke up shortly after because of the loud thunder. I kept looking for my moms hand, but I didn't find it. I was no longer warped in my dads arms as I were when we got to bed. I didn't even feel their presence anymore. I sat up and looked around the room but didn't find any trace of them until I.." My voice cracked and I felt tears stinging in the corners of my eyes wich soon fell down on the ground. Sasuke came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder as to comfort me. "I can already see were this is going to you don't have to continue if it's to painful."

"No, it gets worse." I took another deep breath and continued. " I didn't find any trace at all until.. until I found a very visible trace of blood, wich led out to the hallway and down the stairs. I remember that I shaked so much of fear that I even had troubles standing up. I slowly walked out to the hallway and down the stairs and continued to follow the blood until I found myself in the backyard. There I saw them, cut open from head to toe while hanging in a rope tied to a branch in the large tree we had. I was stunned and fell to my knees. I couldn't even imagine a scenario like this. My mother cared for everyone and so did my dad. The police never found any trace of who it could have been that killed them, so the case was dismissed shortly after the incident." 

Tears were running down my cheeks now, but I kept in a miserable sob. "But nowadays, I often have nightmares that it was... me who killed them. I don't know why or how, but almost every night, I dream about them, and how I cut them open like I was dissecting a frog, but so much more violently." I shaked, and before I knew it, I was engulfed in a tight hug by Sasuke. I froze, but soon let out the loud sob that was threatening in my throat. I clung on to Sasuke while drenching his uniform in my tears. "Was it me, Sasuke? Did I kill my own parents?!" I kept on crying and letting out very little scream that I had kept inside for so many years. "It wasn't you, it wasn't you" Sasuke did his best to try and comfort me by hugging me tight and rubbing my back as I kept on crying.

After what felt like hours, my sobs turned into soft hiccups. We both knew we were really late to class, but not even Sasuke cared. He never told me to stop crying. He never stopped rubbing my back and he kept his tight grip around me. He really did care for me, more than anyone else. When he noticed that I had stopped crying he began to loosen his arms around me, but I just hugged him tighter, showing him that I needed his comfort. We stood there for a while until I stooped hugging him and instead began to dry the last tears that was falling down. 

"Are you okay now?" I nodded and washed me face by the sinks. "I don't wanr to remind you again, but if I may ask, is this why you never had any friends? Due to the fact that you was an orphan?" I nodded once more before turning around to face him. "You still want to be my friend, even after hearing all that?" He smiled at me and nodded. "Why?" I was anxious because I was completly sure that he would be completly shun me. "Because I have a similar past. I bacame an orphn at young age too, only to be left with my older brother after my parents got murdered. After that it was my brother who continued to raise me and take care of me like any parent would." So that's why he didn't shun me. "I'm sorry for your loss. Do you know who did it?" "I have my guessings, but I'm sure that they are completly wrong" I nodded, not wantong to dig to dep into his past. The bell startled me and we both made our ways towards the next lesson, wich was gym. Even though I had become close friends with Sasuke by now, that akward incident in gym till haunted me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and comment! I will update as soon as I can because I have springbreak now so I got more time write! What do you think about this chapter? Please tell me :)

----Sachiko--Chan