Chapter 14 - Life is Unfair

Hopefully things were turning upwards again, but if this feeling isn't going away soon, Sasuke will be terrified , and I already am.

_________________________________________________________________

Third POV

The week went by fast, or more correctly nine days. The young blonde was finally able to leave the creepy hospital and go back to his normal life, or so he thought. He still had that unusual feeling, that very unpleasant feeling that was scaring him. He still didn't want to tell his boyfriend, because it was going to scare him to death. It felt like he was sick, but no doctor said anything, and if it was something dangerous, he would have known, wouldn't he?

Sasuke POV

Naruto seemed down, and like he hid something. It bothered me that he didn't say anything, not that I asked either though... "Naruto, is something wrong? You seem down" I looked at Naruto, who was on his way out of the room. "Eh, no. Nothing's wrong! I'm just relieved to finally leave the hospital, haha" He faked a laugh, for some reason. He walked out of the room, and I sighed and was about to leave the room when someone stepped infront of me. "Itachi! Where were you?" "Just doing some errands, let's go now" He started to walk away, and I started to follow. Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I stopped and turned my head withan annoyed expression."Uchiha-san, can I talk to you for a moment? It's about Naruto Uzumaki" My eyes widened, and Itachi walked up to me and stood next to me. "What is it? Is something wrong?" Itachi asked and the doctor sighed, with a saddened face.

"As you may know, Uzumaki-san came to the hospital severly injured, and severly infected. He stayed this extra week for continued treatment for all these infections, and we succeded with some of the treatment, but..." He took a deep breath, and I looked at him, a little scared of what he could say. "But, some of the infections is as far as we know uncurable, and these are sever, so..." He put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, but please, prepare for the worst" My eyes widened more, and watered. Prepare for the worst? Does that mean...?

"What the hell does that mean?" I looked at Itachi, who apperiantly flipped out. "I'm sorry, there is a chance that these infections will unfortunatly kill him as the time goes by" I looked back at the doctor, wanting to break down. Is Naruto eventually going to die? That's impossible! "Thanks for the information, we'll be going now" Itachi said and put a hand on my shoulder, and started to lead me out to the waiting roo, where Naruto was. "Dry your tears Sasuke, he wouldn't want to see you cry" I sighed and dried my upcoming tears. We came out to the waiting room, and Naruto stood there impatiantly, waiting for us. "What took you guys so long? Do you know how long I have been waiting!?" I looked at the clock, and back at him. "For about five minutes, dobe" A vein popped up on his forehead. "That's long if you're hungry, teme"

-

Naruto POV

Both Sasuke and Itachi haven't talked since we left the hospital, not even when we ate. I asked Itachi to drive me home afterwards, because it felt so akward being there, but not really since it was so quiet. Both of them seemed so sad, but tried to hide for me, but I would REALLY like to now what they were doing when I waited for them at the hospital. Everytime I ask, they always come with the same answer, 'We just wanted to talk to the doctor about any medication'. That's the answer I get, but I don't buy it. If they 'just' talked to a doctor, then why the hell are they so quiet, and sad?

I sat in my sofa, while the thought circled around in my head. But that uncomfortable feeling wouldn't go away. It felt like I was going to throw up at any moment sometimes, sometimes my eyes stung, though I'm not allergic to anything. Sometimes I felt numb, and sometimes I felt dizzy. I really should bring it up with a doctor, because this is scaring the living shit out of me. I actually didn't want to be alone. I regret that I told them to drive me home, and not asking if I could stay with them. I picked up my phone, and dialed Sasuke. Is he still down?