16 | end all-be all

I could feel his burly hands wrap around my waist and pull me in tight, his breathing regulating as he pressed his chest against my back

I could feel his burly hands wrap around my waist and pull me in tight, his breathing regulating as he pressed his chest against my back. I was relieved that he was back home, safe and sound, but I couldn't help but to be a little annoyed. 

"Mhhmm, I missed you." he whispered.

I rolled my eyes over, and while my first insinct was to remove his hands from around me, I whispered back, "Where were you?"

"I took a drive." was his curt answer.

"So that's it...you just storm out and take a drive?"

When he didn't answer, I told him, "I have to use the bathroom, excuse me."

"Hold it."
"Micah."
"Kayla."

Following my first instinct, I pinched the skin of his arm, to which he let me go within seconds - allowing me to make a beeline for the bathroom. I needed space. Hell, he got to take a drive and clear his head while I had to give his sobbing ex girlfriend relationship advice - Merry Christmas to me. Then he had to audacity - because if it's one thing niggas were going to have, it's that - to pop up a quarter to midnight like everything was fine. That didn't sit right with me.

I was only granted a few minutes alone before Micah bursted in, reminding me of the fact that the door failed to have a lock to keep him on the other side. 

"I already know you're mad at me about the Demani situation, so I'm just trying to move past it and forget it ever happened if you do too." he bargained, actually looking pretty pleased with that conclusion.

"Easy for you to say, you didn't have to listen to her cry about losing the love of her life for hours." I rolled my eyes. I could still hear her hiccups reverberating in my head. 

Micah frowned, "Baby I'm sorry, you know I don't do well with surprises."

"Well surprise Micah, she's still here." I said, deepening his twisted expression.  

"What?"

Standing up to wash my hands, I stared back at him in the mirror, "Yup. Well not at the house, Marley took her to a hotel for tonight since there are no flights until tomorrow afternoon. The poor girl is going to miss most of Christmas with her family." 

My guilt had been eating at me all night, even if I wasn't the one to do her wrong. I also knew that Micah technically hadn't done that either - but still, the shit was messy. I didn't do messy. My heart couldn't take it. One minute I was side eyeing the hell out of her, and the next I was damn near ready to grab my own kleenex and cry with her. And here was Micah, being an asshole about the entire thing. 

"First, don't scare me like that," he said, relief painted on his face,  "And second, Kay baby you act like I told her to bring her ass down here and then I switched up. I don't owe her shit."