"Chapter 12; I miss you (kids)"

Trigger warnings: gore, implied torture, child abuse, violence, etc.

Let me know if I should add to the list.

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Harriet sat in Forsaken Falls's "watchtower" —which was really just a tree with a makeshift latter and a small hut house inside of it—watching over their camp with a slight frown on her face.

She was thinking about him again.

Him and his ship.

Her father and her home.

Harriet didn't understand why she still remembered him or why she still thought of him after all these years. God, how long had it been?

10 years? 20? 100? 1000?

She didn't know.

All she knew was that her father was on her mind once again and she couldn't seem to shake the memories or thoughts this time. She couldn't stop thinking about how lonely he must be without her or her siblings there. She couldn't stop thinking about how he used to hoist her up onto his shoulders when she was little so she could see the sunset or the sea better. She couldn't stop hearing his laugh and wondering if she'd ever hear the sound again.

And she hated it.

Hated thinking about her father who was probably dead.

Hated thinking about the brother they never got to meet or the ship they'd probably never see again.

Hated thinking about how much time had passed and how different their father must be now.

Hated how she could still hear his voice singing her to sleep some nights if she concentrated hard enough.

Hated how Cj and Harry were struggling to hold onto their memories of him, and how Harry was slowly losing his mind.

But most of all, she hated Pan .

Everything bad that was happening in her life was his fault.

He was the one who had taken her and her siblings from their father.

He was the one who tormented her group nonstop.

He was the one who kept torturing her brother for fun.

The one who was driving him insane like he had probably done with her father at one point.

Harriet wasn't for sure if he had hurt her father at one point but she wouldn't be very shocked if he had. Her dad wasn't scared or put off of many things but whenever the topic of Peter Pan or Neverland was broached, he kinda shut down. Kinda like he did whenever she asked about her grandfather or what his childhood was like.

Harriet was a smart girl.

She, unlike some children, was able to pick up on when people didn't want to talk about things. Could tell when it was because they were scared to, when it hurt them to talk about it. And she was able to put the pieces together rather quickly. She had realized at 7 that her grandfather was probably a bad man and that her father's childhood wasn't a happy one. She could tell the topics pained him and had stopped asking. Just like she had stopped talking to him about Pan unless he brought him up. She knew Pan had probably hurt him in some way— hell, Pan even taunted them about it sometimes though she wasn't sure if that was just to scare them or not.

Pan's taunting just made her hate him more; no one had a right to harm her father— absolutely no one— and the mere thought of someone hurting him made her blood boil.