"Chapter 5; Training"

Trigger warnings: kids training, kids in bad situations, kids with weapons, etc.

This is gonna be a short one folks because I'm kind of tapped out thanks to school.

Not giving up on this story or the others though.

I write whichever one I feel inspired too.

☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️

Every morning, Neverland's rebels trained so that they could stay in tip top shape.

They needed to be able to outrun the many inhabitants of the isle—Pan, his lost boys, the rabid animals, the Indians, all of them. They needed to be able to fight them off—to defend themselves because no one else was going to do it. So they trained and trained.

They'd wake with the sun and depending on what day it was, the ones not scavenging for breakfast would run until the ones who were scavenging were back. Then they'd all train.

First, the ones with the swords (Gil, Harry, Uma, Sammy, Harriet, Sterling, Skipper, C.J, Chad, Carlos, Jay, and Lonnie) would split off into pairs and fight. The usual beginning pairs were Sammy & Harriet, Lonnie & Uma, Harry & Gil, Carlos & Chad, Jay & CJ, and the twin little ones.

Then they'd switch and continue to fight while the Gaston twins would stand watch and practice with their blunderbusses, and their machetes. While they were doing that Zevon and Ben would practice dagger fighting, and Audrey and Mal would fight with their weapons (a spear and a staff).

Doug and Jane would practice fighting each other with their pick axes. And Evie would practice her firing.

Then, after all that, Zevon, Evie, and Mal would work on their potions for an hour while the others practiced different fighting styles. When the hour was up, those 3 would practice different fighting styles as well.

During this time, Sammy would practice with his slingshot.

Then all the children with magic would practice for a bit. After that, they'd work on their climbing, acrobatics, and parkour, and get on with their day.

Some might say that their training was a bit excessive or that they spent too much time on it, but the kids saw it as necessary.

It wasn't exactly fun and at times it could be daunting but at this point, it was just routine to them.

They felt like they just needed to do it. Whenever their routine got disrupted or interrupted, it distressed them greatly—made them anxious/nervous.

Made them feel sick.

Routine was everything and they needed it—it was the only semblance of normalcy they had. If they lost it, none of them were sure how they'd cope with that—they were all holding on by a forever thinning thread that was ready to snap.

They needed to be needed to protect themselves and one another from the horrors of Neverland, and get over their trust issues. They'd all been weak and helpless before and they had made the mistake of trusting those around them to love and protect them only to be ignored, yelled at, and pushed aside. They hated the way that made them feel. None of them ever wanted to feel that hate, anger, resentment, or pain ever again. So the kids kept training and never stopped.

They needed to get stronger after all if they were gonna continue fighting for their lives and a way out.