•01•

Beep beep beep.

That damned alarm clock. I heaved myself out of bed, letting the cold air hit my exposed skin. I was wearing sweatpants and a plain white tank top. I know, classy. But, in my defense, I just woke up.

I turned off the alarm, getting ready for the day. That consisted of me showering, brushing my teeth, doing my hair, and getting dressed. Today I decided to wear light blue skinny jeans with a black Nirvana shirt. Oldie music, I get it, but I love the shirt. The band...not so much.

I don't have to wear anything to impress anyone. It was summertime, so I don't have any school to worry about. I only have my daily lessons. By that I mean I have acting lessons and karate practice. I'm a 2nd degree black belt, making my way up to a 3rd degree black belt. I've always been passionate about singing and acting, so I participate in that as well. However, my cousin Nicole normally gets the lead roles. It's not because I'm less attractive or less talented, it's because she always finds a way for the director to dislike me or she makes me late.

I love her, but only because I'm obligated to. I know it sounds mean, but how would you feel if you were better at something than someone, but that said someone finds a way to overshadow you? She's the star of the family. Even my parents like her more than me. Every morning during breakfast, it's the same talk. 'Sasha, be more like Nicole. She's perfect.' I'm so sick and tired of it.

But that's what makes this new upcoming event more exciting. I actually have a chance to become what I've always wanted. Disney is holding auditions for uprising stars, like me, for Disney Channel and Disney XD. We live in LA so distance shouldn't be a problem. I signed up at once, as did Nicole, but she can't do anything to persuade the judges of the auditions because they're supposedly professional. The auditions are this Saturday at 3pm. If they like you, you'll get a call telling you which show you'll be assigned to. You could be as great as a new show star or as minimal as an extra to get a call. Some people don't get calls at all, so just be happy you get to be partially in the show.

Nicole has been gushing nonstop about how she wants to be assigned as the new love interest for Jack on the show Kickin' It. I love that show, mainly because it pulls together my two favorite things, acting and karate. I used to do gymnastics as well, but I let it go last year as a level 10. Really far into the sport to just give it up, right? Wrong. I didn't wanna give it up, but the financial situation to uphold both my and Nicole's acting lessons, plus my karate lessons, were going downhill, so I had to drop it.

Anyway, the new role as Quinn on the show is Jack's new love interest. It was supposed to be Kim's, but according to the official website, Olivia, who portrays Kim, wants to focus on other roles as well, making her availability limited. Olivia is my idol. I absolutely love her and would love to befriend her, but I doubt I'd be able to considering she's famous and I'm, well, me.

I've gotta stop sidetracking. Moving on, today is Thursday, two days away from the audition and my nerves and excitement were through the roof. I can't imagine what it'll be like when the audition day actually comes.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen where Nicole was stuffing her face with a blueberry muffin. You might be wondering why my cousin is in my kitchen. Well, my mom and her sister are the closest siblings ever, so they moved in with each other. Considering Aunt Cherry is divorced and my dad is always on business trips, men aren't issues in the household. It's just me, my mom, Aunt Cherry, and Nicole. "Morning Nicky," I greeted tiredly.

"What have I told you about calling me that Sasha?" Nicole glared.

"Sorry, I forgot. Again," I sighed, taking an apple from the pantry.

"You know that audition I signed up for this Saturday?" she asked, quickly changing the subject. I nodded, taking a bite of my apple. "It's for Disney! I hope I end up on that show you watch, Kickin' It."

"Why?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Leo Howard is hot as fuck! And his love interest's role is on the bargain. What're you gonna be doing this Saturday? Sitting around and eating like a fat pig as usual?" she teased.

"No, and I don't sit around and eat like a pig!" I spoke offendedly. "I'm actually going to the audition as well."

"Why do you even try? I'm gonna overshadow you anyway," Nicole laughed.

"I try because I'm passionate. I have a good feeling about this weekend," I replied.

"Suit yourself. Don't come crying to me when you don't get a role," she shrugged, continuing her muffin. I returned upstairs to my room continuing my apple. I'm probably gonna play on my phone til I have to go to karate practice.

—•••—

It's finally Saturday and my nerves are at 100% voltage. A habit of mine is to play with my lucky charm bracelet and chew gum when I'm nervous, so here I am chomping away at some mint Extra gum. "My god, Sasha! Stop chewing on that piece of gum like a cow!" Nicole berated. My mom and aunt, who were right behind us, did nothing to stop her or scold her. That's my life. Everything Nicole says goes. Everything I say is pushed aside.

"Well, I'm sorry for having nerves!" I snapped.

"Sasha! Don't talk to Nicole like that. You know better," my mother scolded. See what I mean?

"Nicole Challis?" a lady called. Nicole walked up to the lady, happily. It only took a couple minutes before she walked out beaming.

"What's with the smile honey?" Aunt Cherry asked.

"Jim O'Doherty told me I have great potential! He's the producer of Kickin' It, the show I wanna be Quinn on!" Nicole squealed.

"Sasha Clearwater?" the lady called out. Here goes nothin'.