Chapter one: Nico's call

A/N: Thomas Sanders's Birthday is on April 24th. I'm writing this to celebrate but I'll also be drawing something as well. So be on the look out for that.

It was another day for Thomas and his sides as they were all working out on a problem. They had decided to give Remus a chance at helping with a problem in Thomas's life as he was one of them. Janus had asked for them to give Remus a chance as a side and see what he can do to help them. So far Remus was doing a great job and the problem was almost solved. But as they were all talking Thomas's phone had rang and stopped all of them in his tracks. As they weren't allowed to reveal themselves to many people close to Thomas. At least not yet. " Sorry have to take this." Thomas said feeling bad for doing this to his sides. Who he had seen as family now. Well the light sides were family so far. " Go ahead Thomas we'll keep working through this problem." Logan said okay with Thomas doing that while they figure this out. " Are you sure?" Thomas asked wondering if his sides were sure about him doing this. " Of course kiddo. We'll be fine. Go take the call. You wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important right?" Patton said knowing Thomas wouldn't do this if the call wasn't as important as Thomas was making it out to be. " Right. I'll be right back." Thomas said hoping they understand why he had to take this call right now. All the sides nodded knowing that they can handle this and tell Thomas how they solved it later. Thomas went to the kitchen as he answered it his phone knowing he had to take this call right away. As his birthday was coming up and his friends and family wanted to do some things with him to celebrate. He smiled as he looked at his phone seeing a name he didn't expect to be on the screen. It was Nico. The boy he had met at the mall months ago and had gotten to know very well. All thanks to Roman and Virgil for giving him the confidence and push to go talk to him. Thomas quickly answered his phone after seeing the named hoping that this would bring his mood up. " Hello?" Thomas said answering the phone happily as he listened to his sides talk about the problem he was having at the moment. " Hey Thomas it's Nico." Nico said hoping Thomas knew that already. Thomas giggled at that sentence finding it funny that Nico had to say that. Nico giggled with him finding it funny as well.

Once their laughter had subsided Thomas cleared his throat ready to speak again. " Hey so what's up?" Thomas asked wondering why Nico had called him. " Well I heard your birthday was coming up?" Nico asked wondering if this was true. He didn't want to assume that Thomas's birthday was this month. So he decided to ask if it was or not. " Uh yeah it is. Why do you ask?" Thomas asked wondering why Nico was asking about it. He knew they had only been friends for ten months now. So it wasn't unusual for new friends to ask each other when the others birthday was. " Great. Do have anything planned?" Nico asked hoping Thomas had nothing planned for that day. He really liked Thomas a lot. So he wanted to take Thomas out somewhere. As a date of some kind. Thomas sighed knowing he already had plans for that day. His family was going to have breakfast together first thing in the morning. Then at noon he would go to lunch with Joan and Taelyn who would be coming down from where they lived now and be staying the night with him. They would leave the morning after to get back home in time for work. " I'm sorry Nico but I do have plans that day. My family is doing a big breakfast right away in the morning. Also at noon me and my friends are meeting up for lunch and spending the night together. Maybe the day after?" Thomas said feeling bad for doing this to Nico but knowing he had to. He had to make compromises with his friends, family, and crushes now. Or he'll be frustrated again. Which he didn't want. Having Patton and Logan fighting again was hard to deal with. He hated when the two fight. It would be worse now that they were in relationships with two dark sides. Ex-Dark sides actually. As Remus was slowly on his way to redemption and Janus had been accepted just last year. He also didn't want to put Virgil and Roman between the four sides again. " Oh that's okay. I can come over that night and hang out with you guys if that's okay?" Nico said wanting to spend some time with Thomas on his birthday. " Well let me think about it." Thomas said needing to think about this before answering Nico's question about coming over. " Alright. Talk to you later Thomas." Nico said knowing they will talk about this topic later. " Talk to you later." Thomas said knowing he'll call again once he's made a choice about this topic at hand. He hung up knowing he can't say what he wanted to say to Nico. Not yet at least. It's only been a few months. He knew it was too early to start dating again and tell his feelings to Nico. He just had to wait a bit longer.

Once Thomas hung up his phone he realized that the sides had stopped talking about the problem at hand and were now talking about something else. Which he could only was about his birthday. He sighed going back to them as he still needed to know what they had all came up with to help him. But he couldn't stop thinking about his new choice had to think about for his birthday. He didn't know if he should introduce Nico to Joan and Taelyn. He didn't know if it would be too soon or too late to do so. But knowing that other introductions with new friends to the two had went well. So why wouldn't it go well now? Maybe because to him Nico was different from other friends. He had strong feelings for Nico. Feelings of love for the song writer. Thomas went back to his spot as the others stopped talking wanting to keep their plans a secret from Thomas. They didn't want Thomas to find out their plans for his birthday. So they had to keep things a secret from their host. " Alright so what did we come up with for the solution?" Thomas asked wanting to know what their answer to this problem was. The other sides all looked at Logan knowing he remembers what they had all agreed on to solve Thomas's problem. Logan sighed knowing he would have to explain what they had came up with to Thomas. So he did while the others texted about the plan in their group chat that didn't have Thomas in it. Logan cleared his throat as he finished with his explanation to get the other sides attention. They all looked up to look at Logan then looked at Thomas. " Thank you guys for your help today. I really appreciate it." Thomas said ready to end their problem solving for the day and head to the bathroom to shower. " Hold up there kiddo we have something else to talk about now." Patton said knowing they have something to talk about with him. Thomas was shocked by this. He didn't think his sides would acknowledge what he had talked about on the phone with Nico while they were talking about the problem they were dealing with. " We do?" Thomas asked wondering if Patton was serious about this. All the sides nodded knowing they do. Thomas knew then and there that it would be a long talk about what they would do about Nico spending time with him on his birthday.

To Be Continued