Chapter Thirteen: The Future

The next day after Thomas had breakfast and went to his spot he summoned the sides for their talk. He sighed thinking about how this would go when Patton and Logan popped up with Janus and Remus hugging them. They had just woken up from their sleep and Patton had made them all breakfast before they had came up. Thomas looked at them surprised but was more worried about the two dark sides clinging to their boyfriends. " Ummm are they okay?" Thomas asked wondering if the two are okay. Patton giggled at that knowing Janus was just fine. But Logan knew that Remus was only clingy when he was skin. Which was the case for him and the Duke at the moment. " Yes this is normal. They don't like mornings." Logan said knowing his boyfriend didn't like leaving their bed just to do their work. But they all knew they had to wake up and do their jobs. " Janus gets cold easily so he never wants to leave the bed at all. So he clings to me for warmth. He'll stop soon." Patton said knowing Janus would let go eventually. Thomas just nodded and looked to the stairs and tv corner. He knew they always came up after the others. So he looked to the other two for information. " Well where's Roman and Virgil then?" Thomas asked wondering where they were at. As they haven't showed up yet which was odd to him. Logan and Patton giggled and fidgeted nervously. Roman and Virgil had told them they wanted a night alone. They agreed knowing what that meant for the two. A night in the imagination at Roman's castle. " Um probably getting dressed." Patton said trying to hide the embarrassment for the two when they come. Thomas was confused by that. The two have been seen in their pajamas before along with the others. Even if Remus just sleeps in his boxers. It did seem strange that the two would get dressed. " Um okay but why? It's not like I haven't seen you all in your pajamas before." Thomas said knowing this was a weird thing to happen. He accepted it though as the two showed up soon after. Thomas smiled at them trying to make them all comfortable.

Once everyone was comfortable Thomas started talking about what the sides did yesterday. " You guys do realize going behind my back like that was not a good move in my eyes?" Thomas asked wondering if his sides knew this. Everyone looked ashamed after he said that and didn't speak. Until Janus spoke up about it. " Yes we do but we did it to make you happy like were supposed to. We didn't do it out of hurt we did it out of love. We're sorry if we upset you Thomas. We just wanted to make you happy on your birthday." Janus said explaining why they did it. They knew Thomas would be upset about it. But they did it anyway. Just to make him smile. They all loved seeing Thomas happy especially since after everything they've been through they would love to see him happy for the rest of his life. Thomas smiled at Janus's words. He knew that Janus was telling the truth. It was easy to tell now after months of him being a light side. Lying had been learned to be good at times. But Thomas still knew it was bad deep down. As it can get you into a lot more trouble than it's worth. " I thank you for that. All of you for this but it's not exactly a smart idea. I wasn't ready for Joan and Talyn to meet Nico quite yet. Next time let's respect that please." Thomas said explaining why it made him very upset. Especially since Thomas's boundaries wasn't respected when he made it and they helped him make it. They all agreed with him on that and knew he was right about what they did to him wasn't right. They apologized to him knowing what they did was wrong. Thomas accepted it and they all chatted some more until Roman brought him up.

They all looked at Roman as he said it. " At least this didn't bring out the other one from his cave." Roman said laughing a bit about it. They all looked at him scared and disapproving. Expect for Thomas. He was confused by what Roman said wondering what he meant. " The other one? Who's the other one?" Thomas asked wondering what that meant. He knew it meant another side was around. But he didn't know who or what this side was. It scared him that he didn't know another side of his. Another part of his personality roaming around his head doing something. Patton shook his head as Janus told Roman to stay quiet about what he said. Roman stayed quiet as Virgil handled it. " No one you need to worry about at the moment Thomas. Just relax." Virgil said hoping that eases Thomas's mind for a while. Thomas just nodded knowing getting anything out of Virgil after the whole Remus situation was gonna be hard. Especially after the secret was out. He never guessed after Janus arrived that Virgil knew him somehow. He just thought Virgil was a side of him he just hadn't accepted or understood quite yet. Instead he did understand him. He just didn't accept him yet. " Good now we all need to go eat. Let's go kiddo I'm making your favorite." Patton said going back to the mindscape. Virgil got excited his eyeshadow turned purple as he did. " Yes! Come on Princey." Virgil said ready to go eat. He grabbed Roman's hand making him come back with him. Janus yawned looking at Thomas. " I'm going back to sleep." Janus said still tired from being woken up. He went back to the mindscape waving at the other three. " I have work to do so if you'll excuse me." Logan said knowing he had a lot to do today. Thomas looked at Remus wondering what else their was for him. " I'm gonna go bother Roman bye Thomas." Remus said going back into the mindscape. But they left Thomas wondering as Orange eyes appeared from the dark behind him. But those would have to wait for another time.

The End

A/N: So I can't discuss the Orange eyes yet. I have my theories but the big one is Logan as it seems like this is gonna be a Logan dark side turn.