Chapter Seven: Nico Arrives

As the sides were panicking from this morning little talk with Thomas they hadn't realized that they had lost track of time thinking about it. They hadn't notice that it had gone from seven thirty in the morning to three thirty in the morning. They only had an half an hour before Nico arrived. They were losing time as they kept panicking over everything that had happened to them this morning. All thanks to Virgil thinking that Thomas had figured out their plan and knew what they did. That he knows that they went behind his back. Did something he didn't want them to do. Which would mean he thinks what they did was bad and he would be mad at them for it. The sides didn't like it when Thomas was mad at them. But whatever Thomas thought they would fix it. As their host couldn't stay mad at them for very long. Or it would be like being mad at himself. Which Thomas didn't like doing. Patton sighed tired of everyone panicking over this. Thomas didn't know what was going on. Patton made sure of it. He had to find a way to calm them down. The moral facet thought about how to calm them down for a minute or two. Until an idea came to him. He had a way of calming others unlike others who respect his trait for others. He sighed knowing he needed to focus to use this power of his. If he broke the focus too soon the others could have a mental break which wouldn't be good for them or Thomas. He thought of happy thoughts as he let the calming aura around him spread to the other sides around him. The others stopped panicking feeling the calming light blue aura surrounding them all. They all calmed down happy about what was happening to them. Janus looked to Patton knowing what he was doing. After a minute or two Patton had stopped calming everyone taking a deep breath from what he just did. 

Once Patton had let the air out of his lungs he looked at everyone with a smile on his face. " Alright are we all calm now?" Patton asked wondering if everyone was okay and ready to listen again. Everyone nodded knowing they were calm now and were happy for that. They were going off the deep end a bit. They were glad to have been snapped out of it. " Thank you Patton. I got a bit out of hand there." Virgil said feeling bad for causing everyone else to panic over what happened earlier. He didn't mean to cause everyone to go into a frenzy over something like this. Even if it was rational to think like that for a bit. But dwelling on it was a very bad thing for them all. But he was happy to have been snapped out of it and back to a normal head space for now at least. " It's okay kiddo we all know how you don't like hurting Thomas. We all don't like to do that to him. But right now we can't focus on the bad. We needed to focus on the good for what's about to happen. Nico will be here any minute and we haven't even set up everything Thomas's surprise party yet." Patton said explaining that they were running out of time to get their plan ready. It was already three fifty-five and Nico would be there in five minutes. They needed to hurry. Or Nico would see them all and they would be in big trouble with Thomas. If they weren't in trouble already. " Right. Okay who's all going to grab the decoration we bought along with everything else?" Virgil asked wondering who's all going to go back to the mindscape to grab everything they need. " I'll go." Janus said wanting to go back as he needed to go do something else as well. " I'll go as well I need to go put my work away anyway." Logan said wanting to go with. It would be nice to head back to his room and get all the food they had prepared for the party. Which they were able to make real for Joan, Talyn, Thomas, and Nico. As they hoped they were going to eat some of the food as well. " I'll come with I have to bring all our gifts up as well." Patton said wanting to go with them so he can grab the cake and the presents they all made for Thomas. Which they had also made real for their non side guest and host. " Alright get going then. You three go get those things and we'll wait for Nico. We'll try to stop him from asking any questions. I promise." Roman said knowing he can handle this while their two brain cells were getting everything. The three nodded and sunk back into the mind palace to get everything they needed for the party.

But once the three had left to the mind palace the other three had gotten a knock on the door. They all froze. They knew Nico had just arrived by that knocking on the door. They were scared to do this. But they knew they had to take a deep breath and answer the door. They couldn't keep Nico waiting. So Roman went to the door and took a deep breath preparing himself to open the door. While also trying not to freak out and get all nervous about Nico as Thomas's feelings had infected them all when they saw Nico. " Here we go." Roman said hoping this goes well. He just had to remind himself that no matter what happens don't scare Nico away from the apartment or Thomas. He opened the door with a smiling as he saw Nico standing there with a gift for Thomas. Roman found that sweet. It's only been a few months since the two met and they already knew each other so well. As Roman knew that and kept everything about Nico in mind. As he was in charge of Thomas romantic tactics. While Patton handled their host's romantic feelings. Nico giggled as he saw Roman thinking he was Thomas. " Thomas what are you wearing?" Nico asked wondering what his friend was wearing right now. As he had never seen this outfit before. Roman blushed kind of embarrassed by that question. As it made him self conscious. But he brushed it off not worrying about it. " Oh this. Just an old theater costume I kept. I wanted to try it on to see if it still fit. I was planning to do a video with it soon. I'll go change make yourself comfortable." Roman said happily letting Nico into the apartment. Nico walked over to the living to sit down as Roman sighed not wanting to change his outfit. As he loved it so much. But he might as well as the party was just going to be the sides, Thomas, Nico, Joan, and Talyn. He went over to Virgil telling him where he was going and to entrain Nico while he was getting changed. Virgil nodded understanding. Roman went back to the mind palace after that and went to his room. But once Roman was gone Virgil had gotten nervous about doing what he had asked. He just hoped this would work.

To Be Continued