Chapter 21

[Y/n]'s POV

Hearing her laugh behind me was both a pleasure and a little embarrassed. 

Me and Kirari finally arrived in front of my apartment, "Sorry for the mess, I haven't cleaned yet" I said to her, she just nodded in response and looked around, 'Please don't judge on how cheap my apartment looks like' I thought to myself. 

"Hmm, I never thought you were like this as a kid?" she said randomly referring to the picture of me as a kid.... playing in mud.

I dropped the frame and looked at her with an awkward smile, "Yeah, let's not talk about that" I stated as I went to clean the floor. 

"Say, did your parents not leave their house to you?" she asked, I froze and thought twice if I should tell her the story. She coughed making me get back to my senses, I turned to her and gestured to her to sit on the couch. 

I went to grab us a drink... even tho she won't drink it. "Whatever I tell you, don't take it to heart, it already happened anyway" I explained to her, she looked at me with suspiciousness and told me she wouldn't make promises. 

I just sighed and nodded at her. "Well, my father's side, never really likes me, and as for my mother's side. They don't care about me" I started and I already got frown from her. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Flashback]

"What the hell?" [Y/n] said as his uncle suddenly entered their home, "Get out kid, this is my lace now" her uncle suddenly said. 

"What? No, my dad left this house into my name" [Y/n] fought back, and her uncle just gave her a nasty look, "Do you have the money to pay for this? Or what about the expenses? You're not even old enough to be in handle this kind of responsibility" he said to [Y/n] and grab her by the wrist.

Dragging her out of the house, "And I'm sure that I won't be keeping useless brats like you" he spat at [Y/n] and closed the door in her face.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"After that, I tried to call for help from any of my other family members but they just won't answer. I never really expected much, I was just glad that they're dumb enough to think that my parents weren't hiding money from them" I explained as I took a sip of my drink. 

Kirari remained her stoic face, which gave me the idea of her being angry, I sighed again and tap her shoulders, "It's fine, Kirari" I laughed and went to make dinner. 

[Kirari's POV]

"[Y/n], I'll be out in your apartment. I will have to take this call for a moment" I said to her and went out. 

I called Sayaka, "Madam president? What made you call me this late at night?" she asked me, "Find the files of [L/n] family, especially the ones from her father's side" I ordered her. 

"If I may ask, why do you need to find her family files?" Sayaka asked and I just told her to do as  I said, and she did.

I hung up the phone and went to call my dear sister, "Ririka, I have a request to make" I told her, she suddenly coughed as if she was dying. 

"What do you need help with?" she asked, sounding nervous, "I need someone to track down a specific person," I said and explained what [Y/n] told me. 

"[L/n] family, huh? They were known to be arrogant with power even if it was their family member. They'll do anything to be at the top." Ririka told me, making me more furious. I hid it of course, "I can tell. Now just send me a message if you already found someone that can do the job, I'll be sure to pay them big" I said and hung up the call. 

Going back inside her apartment, smelling the food she was making, I looked at the table and it was simple yet looked so delicious. "I know it's not your taste of choice but this is all I have on my fridge," she said and laughed nervously at me. 

"No, it's fine. It does look delicious anyway. Where did you learn how to cook this?" I asked her, she smiled at me, "It was my mother who taught me, after that, I got interested in cooking and experimenting with new ingredients as she did" she told me. 

I nod as the both of us sat down and began to eat

"Thanks for the food"