𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞

JUST REALIZED I LEFT YOU ON A CLIFFHANGER OOPS

friday, december 25th 2020

kates mind went blank, her mind buzzed and her ears felt as if they were underwater. everything stopped for a moment as she took the time to process the words her best friend just spoke.

"you.. you love me?" she barely mustered up the words, her lips felt as if they were glued together.

"yes." nike said, voice cracking. her blue eyes glanced up to look at the moon as she struggled to hold her tears back.

"dont cry.. you spent way too long on this eyeliner.." niki told herself under her breath.

kates hands shook so she intertwined them to minimize it. with a hushed voice she continued "when..? s- since when?"

the blue eyed girl have a humorless chuckle "how could i not?!" she raised her voice making eye contact with the jade eyed girl. "before fucking- dream came along we'd always flirt! even if it was jokingly or not, the daily compliments, flirty gestures.. they get to a person!" niki scoffed "i'd like to believe i had a chance before.." she sighed letting a tear roll down her face

kates own eyes were brimmed with tears and all she could muster up to say was a hushed "im so, so, so sorry niki.." before they both burst into tears, clinging into each others embraces

the hug felt warm yet so so cold at the same. it hurt her to hug the person whos heart she just shattered, but it was inevitable to find a sense of comfort in nikis hugs. kate held onto nikis waist tightly and nikis hands were holding onto the back of kates shirt for dear life.

they were both letting out choked sobs, niki more than katrina as she was being comforted as much as she could at this moment.

niki lifted her head as she saw wilbur approaching them from a distance. "wilburs here.."

"listen i-"

"no, you listen." niki pulled away holding her friends shoulders "i see the way your eyes light up when you speak about him.. how your voice becomes happier.. dreams a nice guy, don't break his heart too."

her hands traveled down kates arms and she gave her hands one last squeeze before shes tarted walking towards wilbur.

katrina stood there in silence for a few moments thinking over everything that happened in the last few minutes.

lost in thought, wilbur approached her with a sorrow look on his face. "why arent you with niki?-" she started but was interrupted by the brunette

"she called rhianna and shes picking her up. its not safe for you to go home alone, ill drive you."

"kate.."

"kate."

"kate!"

katrinas eyes flew open and she hastily sat up in her bed. looking to her right, her brothers kayden and killian were standing by her with annoyed looks on their faces