alternative ending: niki

lolzies

saturday, december 23rd 2020

"i love you kate.. " nikis words came out strained, the hopeful look on her face disappearing by the second. her gaze watched the traffic below.

was this real?

kate wanted to pinch herself but realized it'd br inappropriate timing.

"i..." the blonde swallowed "i understand you don't feel the s-"

niki was interrupted by a pair of arms swinging around her tightly

a shocked silence took over both of them as kate was hugging niki rightly and nikis arms rested on her biceps.

two warm hands cupped her red face "please tell me this is real."

"it... it is..."

"niki can i kiss you?"

"i uhm-" words jumbled in her throat but none came out. looking at the girl she was in love with, niki nodded.

before either of them could process if, their lips connected softly.

the butterflies erupting not just in their stomachs, but all throughout them to the tips of their fingers were overwhelming.

it was something both of them had been dreaming of for ages

separating softly, barely, their breaths mingled as green and blue eyes connected.

a shine so bright and happy glossed over kates eyes before they chuckled "i thought my feelings were one sided for months!"

"you have feelings, for me?" niki couldn't believe it. it was too good to be true!

"didn't the kiss clear it up?"

"okay well except for that, not really..."

"i text you before i try anyone else, i know the dumbest little details you mentioned briefly months ago, i smolder you with compliments every opportunity i get and since ive first physically met you today, ive been holding your hand almost the entire time niki."

"oh..." she said, skittish

"oh?" kate smirked

"well, i do wear glasses..."

"no excuse idiot!" kate lightly punched nikis arm

"well.. kate.. would you maybe, uh, go on a date with me?"

"yes, niki nihachu, it would be my pleasure."

and another soft kiss tied the deal.

"kate can you please check if the mics working!?"

"okay!" kate shouted back, sliding across the wooden floor in her slippers

"also, can you turn the ring light o-" niki witnessed her fiancée flail their arms helplessly as panic coated their face.

"did you just-"

"almost fall? i did fall for you 4 years ago if thats what youre talking about."

"stop flattering me and check if the streaming equipment is working." niki deadpanned

"fine, loser." kate rolled their eyes as they went to check if everything was going as planned

"you will be sleeping on the couch."

"you know i love you and i know you love that ring i bought you more than you could ever love me?"

"you're digging yourself a hole kiki" niki said in a sing-sing voice tying an apron around her waist

"the mics working and the ring-light is on nini, you ready to start the stream?"

"hell yeah i am!"

niki and kate were baking themselves an anniversary cake (the day before their anniversary of course) on stream and doing truth or dare as they bake. the viewers submitted ideas for either a truth or dare in their discord and the mods made two different wheels for either with the good ideas on them.

kate had moved in with niki in england shortly after finishing college. the couple had been happier than ever to not have to endure long distance and be able to enjoy the feeling of waking up next to your partner.

they couldn't be happier

niki walked over to kate, grabbed her hand and took control over the computer

"stream starts in three, two, one-"