Seven

Seven's POV

I need to go back to that place. It's night and the moon is barely visible. Everyone is asleep, or at least that's what I thought.

I slip out the front door and start my bike. I'm only 5 minutes away from the place when I feel someone following me.

I zoom past the few cars and go through alleys and streets until no one is in sight. I stop and get off, hiding behind a wall.

I hear footsteps approaching, and before the person can reach me, I trip him with my leg, and twist his hands behind his back.

'Who sent you?' I ask the man behind the mask.

'I have a warning. Don't be so nosy. You don't have much time left anyways. Behave yourself, the clock is ticking.' His voice is very deep and it's definitely not someone I know.

Confused, my grip on him loosens and he struggles free from my grasp, running off into the shadows of the dark night.

In seconds, I hear gunshots, all aimed at my direction and I feel someone's hands pull me back behind the wall. Before I can say anything, his hand is on my mouth, trying to keep me from speaking. I struggle against him but he keeps me still.

'Shh..it's me.'

His voice is familiar and my thoughts are confirmed when he removes his mask.

'Alex?' I whisper, 'what the hell are you doing here?'

'I followed you, but that's not important now. We need to get out of here.'

'Right, i have a place we can go to. Going back to the house is too risky. You have your car?'

'Yep, just around the corner.'

'Great, follow my bike.'

And with that, I hurry towards my bike, dodging bullets as I leave the alley, Alex on my tail.

It would have been safer to go with him, but I couldn't leave my baby.

'What is this place?' Alex asks from the window of his car, confused as to why we were in front of a wall at the end of the road.

'Just you wait.' I say as the wall lifts, opening to a pathway that led underground.

I smirk and lead him to my garage, where I get off and head towards my home.

'Woah, this is impressive,' he says.

'Yeah, but you'll have to stick close to me to enter, because the security is programmed to alert me if someone else enters.'

'That's pretty cool stuff.'

I shrug and pull him towards the living room.

'You know, you're smarter that I thought. This is sick.' Alex says looking around my humble abode.

He examines the place and suddenly his expression changes. He looks like he's thinking hard about something.

'But why did you bring me here? It looks like a secret hideout,' he asks me in a more serious tone.

He raises his eyebrows in question.

'I guess I trust you enough for this,' I say,not keeping eye contact. During the past few days, we're worked together, I've come to realise that Alex actually cares for his team, unlike other agents I've met before. I know for a fact that he would never betray his members.

'I wish I could say the same about you, but I don't know you.' He says sitting beside me on the couch.

'Yeah, I get it. You have trust issues,' I scoff.

'Well yes, it's true but you didn't have to say it so harshly,' he says with a smirk.

'So, Seven, tell me about yourself and why the heck were those men were after you?'

'First of all, you probably heard about me from Liam, and I have absolutely no idea who those people are.

'Yeah, I heard you're the best Ghost. I never thought I'd meet the person who's better than I am. And little did I know it was a woman.'

'Well you know now. Soda?' I ask handing him a can.

He takes it and I sit back down beside him.

'I want to know more about the woman who surpassed my skills.'

'There's nothing to tell. I was an agent for as long as I could remember. My whole life has been missions and missions, and I love every second of it.'

We spend the rest of the night talking about random things, and I go to the kitchen to get some water, only to find Alex asleep on the couch when I come back.

His chest rises and falls in rhythm, his features softening as he shifts into a more comfortable situation. He's wearing a fitted black t-shirt but I can see the toned muscles underneath. Shaking off my thoughts, I cover him with a blanket and head to my office, to search for footage of the attack. I hack into the CCTVs nearby, but it's too dark and the men are unrecognisable. I traced the license plate of the car, but it was unregistered.

'I have a warning. Don't be so nosy. You don't have much time left anyways. Behave yourself, the clock is ticking.'

The words replayed in my head again and again. Could it be connected to the guy Boss met another day? If it is, then Boss is involved too.

Why are they trying to kill me? But again, although the bullets were fired in my direction, none of them were meant to hit me, like it was just supposed to be some kind of warning.

'What are you thinking so hard about?' I hear Alex say.

'Nothing you have to worry about,' I say a bit too coldly than I wanted it to sound.

'If you're up, let's head back to the house.'

'Sure. Let me get my keys.'

Double update!! Woohoo!!