Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters or the production. Also in this story there is no Grant Ward instead only Trip. So just pretend that it was Trip instead of Ward. And Trip won't turn HYDRA.

May's POV

I wish he'd just look at me, at least maybe he might see the pain in my eyes. Now when he talks to me it's like he's never met me before, like I'm a stranger. I was now trying to contact Fury.

"Voice command protocol. Emergency protocol one." I waited for someone to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" A random man said through the phone.

What. "This is an X10 straight connection to Director Fury's personal line. Where is he?" This was a direct line, why was someone else picking up the phone.

"Director Fury is dead." WHAT! I looked at Coulson.

I gulped, Fury was dead, Coulson just lost his trust in me and now SHIELD agents were firing bullets at us. One pierced through the window and hit me in the arm, I didn't want to seem weak as to show pain but a small grunt came out. I think Coulson didn't notice that I took a hit. Good. I don't want him to think that I'm trying to make him guilty. I don't need his pity either.

For some reason there wasn't much blood coming from the wound, but before I could inspect Coulson dragged me by the other arm to the main living space. Everyone was gathered there.

"Gather everything important off the plane!" He yelled.

I went to my room and packed everything in a duffel bag. I went to the lab, thank go no one was there. I went over to where the medical supplies were and hopped in the table.

"Damn it!" I cursed under my breath as I pulled the bullet out and stitched myself back up.

My arm time as starting to go numb and when I touched the area that I just patched up I couldn't feel anything. Over the next few days, we landed at the base in Providence. At this point my whole left arm was numb. And when I opened the door I couldn't feel the handle.

As much as I hated the idea, I asked Simmons to take a look at it.

She took a blood sample from the arm and inspected it.

"Umm Agent May, it seems that your blood had an abnormal reaction with the chemicals on the bullet,".

"What?" What the hell did that mean. Chemicals?

"The bullet was coated with a type of light sedative, and I believe that because of the after effects of the ICER serum in you, it's having an abnormal effect on your cells,".

" Is it life threatening?" I didn't want to die.

"Possibly," I froze. Tears started forming in her eyes and she choked a sob, "The effects will spread throughout your body. And at one point you will no longer be able to feel..." she paused, a tear ran down her porcelain face, "and your heart will just stop beating."

My heart dropped. "Is there anyway to fix it?"

"I'll work on it, but it will take some time. If I may, how far has it already spread?"

I rubbed my arm, "I can't feel anything in my left arm,".

She nodded and sighed, "I will get to work right away. Let me know if anything changes,".

I grabbed her arm, "With all that is going on please don't tell anyone except Fitz. Not even Coulson, I don't deserve his pity."

"If that is what you want so be it. But... I think you should tell them before it's too late,".

I nodded and she left to go get Fitz.