1.16 | 'so...he hates women'

SIERRA LISTENED INTENTLY as the doctor in the desk across from her rambled on and on about the book he had read the night before. she had already forgotten the name of it, but from the way he told the story it seemed interesting enough, and it wasn't like she could read it now, since spencer reid was notorious for spoilers.

she had been wrestling with her feelings for the doctor since they were in philadelphia for the keystone killer case — and more so after her conversation with hotch about finding something to remind her of all the good that's come of their difficult job. the first thing she thought of was her relationship with spencer, and how she was forever indebted to the bau for giving it to her, but she wasn't quite sure exactly what that relationship was anymore.

were they really just friends? or was the girl kidding herself?

before she could answer that question, garcia ran over to sierra's desk and clapped her hands on the girl's shoulders. "brother!" she exclaimed, stammering with excitement. "hot!"

sierra furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, immediately distracted from the book spencer had been telling her about. "pen, i'm gonna need a sentence."

elle chuckled from beside their excited technical analyst. "actually that's a pretty good assessment of the situation here." she admitted. "hotch's brother is here and..." she trailed off, a small smile growing on her face. "wow."

overhearing their conversation as she passed by, their blonde friend immediately stopped in her tracks. "hotch's brother is here?" she asked, a smile growing on her face as well. "he is so pretty." she dreamily admitted, before glancing over at sierra, who was still seated at her desk. "and he's pretty close to our age."

sierra let out a sarcastic smile. "wow, good to know." she told them with a thumbs up. "don't you think you're being a bit overdramatic? i mean, he can't be that — " the slam of an office door caught the girls' attention, and sierra immediately wanted to put her foot right in her mouth. out of hotch's office walked an adonis, his dirty blonde hair just long enough that it curled beneath his ears and his beard just unkept enough that it was scruffy. "i was wrong." the girl admitted quietly. "that's hotch's brother?"

elle nodded. "i don't see it either."

"sean, listen to me," hotch followed after his brother. "all i'm saying is you're 25 years old." he said, making jj hit the back of sierra's shoulder and raise her eyebrows, noting that she had just turned 26 a few weeks prior. "don't throw — "

"you know what?" sean angrily interrupted, pointing his finger up at his older brother who stood at the top of the stairs. "don't profile me, aaron."

"oh, wow." sierra whispered, raising her eyebrows. elle hit the girl on the shoulder, making her remember that she was at work, and publicly drooling over their boss's brother. the girl quickly covered her mouth and looked away, hoping that no one outside the circle of girls had heard her comment.

as sean stalked away, spencer watched sierra's face flush with embarrassment, and couldn't help but let out a chuckle. she looked up at him, cringing from the fact that he had heard that. "not a word." she demanded.

jj also let out a chuckle, waving the files in her hand. "come on guys, we have a case."

sierra was grateful for the blonde girl diverting everyone's attention from her embarrassing slip up back to their jobs, and quickly got up and followed her. elle and spencer followed behind them, as garcia retreated back to her office. she was allowed to sit in on the briefings with them, but usually preferred not to, unable to handle the grisly details of the murders they studied.