1.19 | 'legally blonde'

"AND THEN SHE told me that i'd have to give up my room for the baby!" sierra ranted to spencer as she poured coffee into her mug in the kitchen of the bau. "can you believe that?"

spencer quickly spun around as he poured almost as much sugar into his mug as there was coffee. "wait, mia's pregnant?" he asked.

the girl rolled her eyes. "she's not," she told him. "this is about their hypothetical future baby that i am obviously going to give up my room for even though she has a perfectly good office that she never even uses," she continued, grabbing a little straw and stirring her coffee. "but don't make me, you know?" she said, as spencer poured some of the sugar into her coffee as she stirred. "let it be my own choice."

the doctor stayed quiet, pursing his lips with a nod. he had learned over the past couple of weeks that when she gets like this, the best thing to do is smile and nod.

sierra raised her eyebrows at him. "don't look at me like that." she said with a sigh. "we have a deal." she reminded him. "no profiling."

she quickly spun on her heel, and walked back towards her desk, with the doctor hot on her trails. "i wasn't profiling you."

sierra grabbed a file off her desk, and walk towards the copy room — spencer still right behind her — when finally she spun around and sighed. "i know being mad at my sister makes it easier to lie to her, so i keep finding reasons to be mad at her." she admitted, opening the copy machine. "i know it's unhealthy, and knowing that is not going to stop me from doing it."

spencer pursed his lips next to her. "why do you even have to lie to her?" he asked.

the girl hesitated for a moment. she had been telling her sister that she had been working late when in reality she'd been with spencer almost every time. she didn't want it to seem like she was embarrassed of him — because that wasn't it. honestly, she just liked having something all to herself.

and telling mia and atticus meant that it was something real, which scared the girl more than anything in the world.

sierra sighed. "you know atticus and garcia text like, all the time?" she told him, which was true. "it's so weird, but it also makes a lot of sense."

spencer smiled at her, noticing that they were alone in the copy room. "well, only a little while longer."

the two had decided to keep their blossoming relationship a secret from their coworkers, knowing that it would put way too much pressure on them and evidently implode. they wanted to see what it felt like just the two of them, and then ease into telling everyone.

the girl looked back over at him, the same smile on her face. "i had fun yesterday." she admitted, a hint of rose making its way up to her cheeks.

spencer looked down at her with a smile. "me too." he said. "i was thinking italian tonight, what do you think?"

sierra raised her eyebrows at him. "i think that's, what, third date?" she asked, a small teasing smile on her lips as the copier beeped — telling her her copies had been made. "kind of a big deal." she said with a small laugh as she grabbed the papers and the original out of the machine. "i wonder if i'll put out?"

as she walked out of the room, the doctor stood there for another moment, dumbfounded as blood rushed to his cheeks with a small laugh.