1.12 | 'smooth, casanova'

GARCIA HUMMED A sweet tune as she skipped over to sierra's desk. she looked down at the girl, who took another sip of the coffee in front of her. "guess what?" she asked, a radiant smile on her lips.

sierra — barely awake — looked up at the woman who basically radiated the energy of a rainbow. "how are you so happy in the morning?" she asked.

garcia playfully rolled her eyes at the girl, ignoring her. "gideon sent me flowers!" she excitedly exclaimed. "isn't that so sweet?"

sierra scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, it being too early in the morning for her to hide that though she cared for her friend, she really didn't care. "why?" she asked, an underlying tone of frustration in her voice.

"because, grumpy," garcia teased the girl, picking up that she was still tired and cranky and likely didn't mean her attitude. "i am a ray of sunshine."

from the desk diagonal from them, morgan let out a chuckle. "babygirl, you should know better than to talk to her before she finishes her first coffee." he told the tech analyst. "that's what we do."

sierra rolled her eyes, letting out a sarcastic laugh. "funny." she retorted, taking another sip of her coffee.

"no, we actually do that." elle informed her from her he desk next to her. "you're so much nicer after that."

sierra furrowed her eyebrows, her eyes flickering from one agent to another. "do you guys actually do that?" she asked, locking eyes with spencer at the desk across from her.

once their eyes met, spencer quickly looked down at the papers in front of him in guilt. "uh — paperwork." he stammered, pointing to his desk. "sorry."

jj quickly walked past the group, sierra grabbing the girl's arm to stop her. "hey, jj?" she asked, making the girl turn around and face her. "do you guys not talk to me until i have a coffee or is this a prank?"

jj raised her eyebrows as her head twitched. "last time i talked to you before that, you told me my skirt was ugly." she then peeled her eyes away from sierra, and addressed the rest of the agents. "come on, we have a case."

the agents stood up, and followed jj into the circle table room. "you know, if you guys convince hotch and gideon to let me come in later, you never have to deal with me before my coffee." she told them, as they sat down at the table where gideon and hotch were already seated.

jj sighed, beginning to hand out the files to the agents. "missing child in wilmington, delaware." she informed them, her heart hurting for the little girl. jj had always found cases involving children the hardest for her, she just hated seeing a little kid get hurt, or worse. "billie copeland was last seen on the playground at four thirty yesterday afternoon."

hotch furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he wondered aloud. "four thirty?" he asked, knowing they should have been notified earlier. "that's twenty hours ago. child abduction response plan says we get notified immediately. what happened?"

jj sighed. "there was reason to believe she was with her father." she explained. "her cellphone shows a call with him at around the time of her disappearance."

"so they've since ruled him out?" gideon asked.

jj shrugged. "he called the mother about an hour ago."