1.20 | 'have a nice trip, morgan!'

THE EARLY HOURS at the bau were often uneventful, and this day was like any other. the agents were each at their desk doing their own paperwork for previous cases and studying up on possible future ones.

things between spencer and sierra were still really wonderful. they spent almost every second of every day together, yet it still didn't seem like enough time. they were taking things slow, yes, but it got harder and harder as they got to know one another more and more.

yes, they had already known a lot about each other after being friends for months — but they were learning things about each other on a deeper level now.

the couple still hadn't told anyone about their budding romance, and luckily no one had figured it out — to their knowledge. it was their little secret, and as difficult as it was, they wanted to keep it that way.

sierra hung up her work phone, writing a quick notation down in her notebook in front of her. as she did so, she noticed morgan, next to her, lean back in his chair and stare at her — like he was studying her. "what?" she asked.

he furrowed his brow, using a pencil to point at her. "we've only been here an hour." he said. "you've made two calls."

sierra pursed her lips, not sure what the big deal was. "and?"

"you hate the phone, sierra." morgan said.

the girl scoffed. "i don't hate the phone." she said.

spencer winced from his desk across her as he typed on his computer. "actually, you do." he said, making her shoot him a playful glare. he never even noticed, though, as his head perked up, finally facing her. "did you know that alexander graham bell and eli gray both simultaneously invented electronic sound transmission devices?" he told them. "it came down to a race betwixt the two."

sierra nodded, having heard this from the doctor plenty of times before — even before they started spending more time together. "yeah, and bell beat gray to the patent office by a matter of hours." she added, just grateful for the attention to be off her for a moment. "common knowledge."

morgan hesitated for a moment, fiddling a pencil between his fingers. "why are you acting so weird?"

elle chuckled. "oh, come off it, morgan." she said. "we're sitting with a guy who knows that there are 800 kernels of corn on the average cob."

spencer nodded. "arranged in 16 separate rows."

elle raised her eyebrows with a smirk on her face. "and you think she's weird?"

sierra rolled her eyes at morgan, and looked back down at the files in front of her. "i still don't even know what point you're trying to make."

morgan smirked. "you're getting some lovin', aren't you?" he teased her, making spencer put his head in his hand — in an attempt to hide the red that rose onto his cheeks. "you got a boyfriend."

sierra scoffed, trying to play it off but wildly aware of how uncomfortable this was — with the boyfriend in question sitting right in front of her. "you are basing this on what, exactly?" she asked. "the fact that i don't like the phone? that's all you got?" she asked him, as he laughed at her. "you've been a profiler for how long, derek, and that's your best? that's - that's weak."