Chapter 1

The girl in the mirror

This life of mine is absolute shit. Most of the time I feel like screaming. Screaming for help, screaming for someone or just death to come upon me. Today wasn't any different from the other ones. Only good thing about today was the dark sky, the pouring rain and my black converse shoes. I looked at the girl in my mirror, who had dark hair that was straightened, because she didn't like the way blonde white girls would stare at her. The girl in the mirror had dark natural eye bags under her eyes that made her look tired. The girl in the mirror - who was me - also hated the way her teeth weren't as white as porcelain. The more I looked at myself the more disgusted I got. Good thing I heard dad calling me from downstairs.

I watched rain hitting the back seat windows while I was listening to my brother Kai, he was arguing with my dad about the inflation in our country. Kai does sound smart, he is. I just don't understand why he doesn't act that way in school. I always see him in school corridors, he looks like a typical jock from a high school movie. Each friend that I had always fell for him. It was annoying. Kai had light brown skin with curly dark hair and green eyes, that was mostly the reason why every girl in school had a crush on him. Meanwhile I was in his shadow, however it didn't bother me, I liked it. Besides that Kai was never mean to me and he always protected me from everyone. I appreciate him for that. I also appreciate him for not bringing tons of girls home. He could do that so easily, because dad was barely home and mom was never around. Instead of being a womanizer Kai chose to stay with me and watch drama movies.

"Kai" I tried getting his attention.

When he didn't answer and just kept going into the details about every little subject dad brought up.

"Kaya, can you shut up your brother?" Dad rolled his eyes looking at me through the little window in the front.

I laughed at dad while he was making fun of Kai. Kai only got angrier and more pissed off. While I was observing Kai and dad, I remembered my friend crushing on my dad too. That was my last reason to live. What made others think my dad was attractive was his tattoos, big muscular body and the same curly dark hair that Kai had. The only things that I got from dad was his darker skin color and curly hair. Kai was more like dad, they even had the same nose.

"We're here" Dad stopped. "Kai, get out before my head explodes with your bullshit" Me and dad laughed and high fived each other.

"Chill, old man" Kai smirked and exited the car fast.

"Did he just say that?" Dad was flabbergasted.

"Yup"

I exited the car, looked around and started walking towards the hell normal people call school. It has been weeks since I attended school. Dad was a bit mad when he found out but he understood why I didn't want to attend it. Even when you aren't home that much, you notice your kid go from a happy extrovert who was rarely home to a person who rarely eats and never leaves her room. Dad doesn't know the reason behind my weird changes, but neither do I... As I was walking towards the school my phone started to ring and just when I found it I somehow managed to bump into someone. It was a guy that I bumped into, a guy with intense brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry" I helped him pick up the few papers that he dropped because of me.

"Ah it's wet." He looked up at me and.

"Are you new here?" I asked.

"Yes, but I really gotta go..." The new guy looked me up and down and gave me another little smile while he said goodbye.

The guy rushed towards the school leaving me standing in the same spot. At Least he didn't sound mad, just tired. The rain got even more aggressive, so I had to run towards the school door. When I was inside, I made sure no one was staring at me and then checked myself in the mirror.