Chapter 6

Today was the 17th of May, spring was slowly closing down its door along with the school year coming to an end. My brother Kai never comes out of his room anymore, he's obsessed with the exams, while I am as free as the wind. This past month I spent my nights alone with Jean, exploring this small city and getting into trouble. Last week we got caught in an abandoned building, good thing we fled and avoided the trouble. Though the weird thing was that we don't get bored of each other. At Least that's what I thought, today I'm sitting quietly in my room and waiting for a text from him. It's been three days and nothing has happened. Interesting how they can occupy your thoughts but not your reality. With this thought I texted Autumn to ask if she was free. She was free, but so was Grey and apparently Jean...

We all met at a city mall where there was a movie theater. At first It was awkward to meet them all out of nowhere but the atmosphere slowly changed into normal and now I was waiting in line for a movie. Since Grey and Autumn had already gotten their own tickets, it was our turn to get ours.

"Two tickets to..." Jean forgot the name of the movie, but so did I. Out of pure frustration I said the wrong name.

"Are you sure it's the right movie?" Jean asked me as we walked off with two tickets he had bought.

"No, they're gonna kill us" I gulped as I imagined Autumn's angry face.

"You what?!" Both Grey and Autumn laughed screaming.

Autumn and Grey launched into a long diatribe about how brainless Jean and I are. When they left us alone, Jean dragged me into a silly looking store.

We tried a bunch of cute costumes that looked stupid on us. Jean found something and sneaked upon me. When I looked into the mirror I saw a pair of cat ears on my head. I had to do the same thing to him, though it was much harder but I did it. When we looked into the mirror we were matching, it almost felt like we were a couple at that moment. That idea got me frustrated so I just got as far from him as I could.

"Don't run, I need a picture " Jean begged while chasing me around with a phone in his hand.

"No way I'm letting you do that" I answered from the other corner of the room.

Our chase quickly ended when we realized that we were late to our movie. We didn't miss much, however just when we walked in people started screaming. I felt Jean tense, I looked at the screen and there was a bloodbath of horror. Of course we accidentally picked something like that. I just laughed and dragged Jean to our seats. There were tons of jumpscares in the movie, during one I caught myself grabbing Jeans hand. I quickly moved it away, but he took it back into his palms. I looked at him and saw him smiling, however he wasn't looking at me, his eyes were fixed on the screen.

"Not a fan of horror, I suppose?" I asked Jean when we walked out, our hands weren't intertwined anymore.

"I hated almost every second of it," He gulped. "I feel traumatized." Jean smiled nervously.

A loud laugh escaped from Jean's mouth when we met with Autumn and Grey. Autumn's short hair was a complete mess, she was yet again irritated by Grey and he was smirking as always from something she said.

"What happened to you?" Jean chuckled.

"His job" Autumn was holding herself back from punching Grey, I could see that because of her blank face expression and the way her hands were trembling a little.

"She started touching my hair" Grey got defensive,

"What hair?" Autumn acknowledged his bleached buzz cut.

Both me and Jean couldn't hold in our laugh, the comeback was great. Grey didn't find it funny.

"We should go eat somewhere" Jean suggested after he calmed down.