てこ Pry

"Ah, Kozume-san! I'm over here!"

I waved the pudding-headed boy over to the other side of the huge gymnasium, where we were both scheduled to meet today. The boy locked his eyes with mine from such a far distance, and slowly made his way over.
That was a signal to warm up myself. I grabbed a multi-colored ball and rolled up the sleeves on my white t-shirt I decided to stay in for practice (I was prepared ahead of time due to the fact I knew I was going to be late for the meet
up. This was because Hinata-san accidentally spilled water on my lap this morning, and payed for a melon soda in return for the mistake. And, how did he know buying me soda would be suitable repayment? With the consolation of Yū, as expected).

"Thanks for coming, Nakemura-san. I didn't think you would."

Kozume-san acted with surprise, to which I responded in a confused manner.

"Why? You didn't think I would?"

"Not really. I didn't make a suitable argument for you too, anyway.."

The cat-like boy lazily shrugged his shoulders as he averted my gaze out of pure habit.

"Well, I did say I was planning on going. I'm not really one to back out of anything once I've made up my mind."

"I see. That's good to know."

Kozume-san responded to the reassurance with a small smile as he picked up a volleyball for himself.

Awkward silence filled the air after the short greeting. We decided both on just idly passing the ball from opposite sides of the net- setting-wise of course. For the most part, it was repetitive and predictable. But, a few changes in the routine were made occasionally- as we both made a few new moves-setting dumps, quick passes to the other court, etc.
All the action, without muttering a word to one another.
I would have been fine with it a long while back, but why do I feel the need to initiate conversation now? How come I've been feeling the need to be more sociable and have other people around me for comfort?
For whatever reason it is, it's probably just because I've been around many others for weeks- it's just something I became accustomed to, right?

I found myself at the breaking point of the silence that poisoned the air. I had to say something. After all, he wanted to come here to talk, right? I should've spoken up sooner anyway.

"So, Kozume-san.. How do you feel about Fukurodani?"

I piped up, stopping the ball that hung loosely in midair with a tiny jump to reach it. The motion of it wasn't very fast, thanks to Kozume-san's lack of strength due to the time spent during the session.

"They're a strong team, I believe. Going up against them is going to be hard."

The teen states bluntly, huffing in between the few words said.
Well, so much for a thorough explanation. Although, I'm not sure I would do much better either.

"Eeeh... Aoba Johsai? Even though they aren't in the camp with us?"

I inquired, searching for a more detailed set of answers rather than the two sentences he was set on giving.

"We didn't play much against them. When we did, we always lost- although it was close. Next time, we'll be sure to beat them."

Kozume-san explained this a bit more, but still not enough to satisfy my reason to be here now- because I was actually questioning it.
I guess I've become more impatient than anticipated as well. Why is my personality going through so many changes in the first place?

"Nakemura-san, I'm sorry for being so monotonous. You're probably finding this session to be redundant, but talking about teams is not really what I had in mind... Even though I stated it before.."