献身 Dedication

"Waaah!~ Kameko-chan, you should have told me earlier if it happened already! Geez! (_')ゞ"

I gazed at the screen of my flip phone and unconsciously smiled at the quirky little message Amari-san sent.

"Well, at least you know now, Amari-san. (^^)"

The clacking of my fingers pressing the buttons of my phone were nothing but faint compared to the liveliness of the scene around me.

"But I knew it! You WERE going to fall in love with Yū-chan! (^^)"

My face tainted a slight shade of pink as the keychain on the side of the pastel pink phone jingled along with the speed bumps of the road below the tires of the bus.

"Stop! It's still really embarrassing to think and talk about. (-_-)"

I replied with a pout adoring my face. Amari-san always made fun of me for how much I look like I'm having a real life conversation whenever I text. She says people don't show emotion to their phone during a conversation- so that put me in a position to keep a poker face on when I typed.
And it obviously failed.

"Hmmm~ the mystery now is to figure out if Yū-chan likes you back ☆〜(ゝ。∂)!"

I sighed. I did have a few regrets about telling Amari-san about the whole ordeal. It was during dusk when the whole team boarded the bus back home- and that's where, to keep myself occupied during the long ride, I decided to tell my closest friend everything that's happened since she wasn't updated.
And boy, was I kept up so unbelievably late with a bombardment of questions from one simple text. All of the 'whens' and 'where's' and 'hows' and 'whys' were included accordingly during the long conversation about my crush on the Karasuno libero.
Amari-san was absolutely enthralled by the whole ordeal- like a small child at a festival for the first time.
Although, I accepted this loveable nature of hers and went along with her excitement (though not shown much through the cellular device).

"I wouldn't know."

I stated simply. He promised me he was going to fall in love with somebody else- but I have no clue who the libero could fall for.

My brows furrowed in concentration. There were many attractive girls at Karasuno.. He should fall for one easily when he returns to school. But would I find it in my heart to be happy for him?
After what happened last time...

I clutched my fist tightly into a small ball at the memory. No, my own selfishness wouldn't get in the way this time. I mean, this is what really loving someone is, right? No matter what the consequences?

"Eeeeeh? Why so hesitant and blunt?"

Amari-san demanded.

"It's his choice. I wouldn't want to force him into doing anything he wasn't comfortable with- regardless of what he wants."

"Gah, you're so straightforward, Kameko-chan! I guess you could say in a good way, because it's easier to tell how you feel (^_−)−"

Well, your honesty is was fuels that, Amari-san.

Easier to tell how I feel, hm?

I take a short moment to glance at the libero sitting in the front of the bus with his second-year friend.

To my surprise, a pair of hazel orbs landed on mine just as I preformed the supposedly discreet action.

Under the returned gaze, every muscle in my body tensed. Of course, except for my eyes, which flew down to my phone screen to save myself from the extremely unpredicted encounter.