視点 Perspective

Only the louder sound of my thoughts drummed out the tapping of my fingers erratically against the clipboard. For this was probably the most anxious I have ever felt in my whole existence as a human being- and I needed to save my skin, fast- before insomnia rears its ugly head again.

Yesterday was obviously a night where I tossed and turned in the sheets of my futon, and I'm sure it annoyed Kiyoko-san BEYOND belief. Various ideas ran through my head faster than multiple teams at once- all jumbled through one, specific topic covering it all- the boy/girl who might have listened in on Kozume-san's and I's little 'chat'.

In the beginning, I wasn't worried in the slightest and thought very little of the scene. Who would need to waste time on an act that's most likely extremely trivial? But, that's the key word- most likely. Meaning, the rest of the percent is what took over my mind by the time I walked through the doors.
'What if rumors spread?'
'What if Amari-san finds out about this?'
'What if someone tells adults of the get together?'

I was pulling out my hair trying to find a logical solution to the problem through baggy under-eyes and a mostly messy, but tied back bun laying loosely in the middle of my head. The thoughts were none-the-less irritating the more I tried to concentrate on the scrimmage in front of me.

"Nakemura-san, you look quite troubled. Do you want to take a short break and get a bottle of juice? We're about to call time-out anyways."

Kiyoko-san picked up on the uneasy atmosphere set around me. It was funny how she caught me every time I was thinking heavily- either she's psychic or I'm wearing my emotions on my sleeve.

"Yeah, I think I've got to slip away this time. I'll come back quickly, though."

I cautiously made my escape through the many volleyballs hurtling through the air, all while shuffling my feet quickly to try to avoid them at most. I could also feel eyes stare into my back as I walked away from the scene in an unorderly fashion. Many orbs, or just a powerful pair, I wouldn't know at the time. But one thing it said for sure was worried for the little seclusion I was looking towards.

Maybe Kozume-san's? I know he was glancing occasionally in my direction- I'm sure he detected a change in my mood gradually. But what did he have to be worried about? Surely he didn't hear what I heard, he was a long distance away from me when it happened.

Whatever it was, I had a gut-deep feeling that someone was thinking the same way I was, even though I discarded the idea right away. It was silly, after all. Who could ever understand or be the person that was running away the other night? Sure, it was strange, but why did my gut tell me that someone was practically screaming at me through their eyes?

Well, whatever. The vending machine will be my solace once again today.

---------------------------

"N-Nakemura-san.. How many of those have you drunken today?"

A mildly surprised and half-disgusted Tsukishima-san stated, as he looked at the familiar sight of a green can in my hand.

"Ah... Maybe 6... I lost count after my second.."

I said, dreamily tapping the surface of the cold drink I carried.

"You could have lied a little bit..."

Tsukishima-san said in a tone that showed shame for my inability to contain myself over the so called 'stress-reliever'.

"Hm? Did you say anything?"

The blocker shook his head slightly as he turned away from the short conversation to tend to an awaiting Yamaguchi-san.