𝔼𝕩𝕥𝕣𝕒 : 𝕂𝔸ℝ𝕄𝔸

•■ Ren Shuyang ■•

"Gyuri?"

"Hm?"

"... What are you up to...?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... I don't think you're the type of person to just... Help out of nowhere..." I murmured. "You told us you wouldn't help us at first, but then... You did... It's kind of... Fishy..."

Gyuri looked down at the her brother's favorite pistol in her hand, then chuckled.

"I'm gonna avenge my family, of course." She answered in a low voice. "And maybe kill Chaoxing too..."

"You're gonna what?" My eyes widened.

"Uh huh." She hummed in response.

"... You know she isn't a part of this."

"So? She's still that monster's daughter."

I looked at Gyuri, then furrowed my brows.

"You aren't the annoying Gyuri I know, are you?"

Gyuri stayed silent, so I took it as a chance to continue talking.

"The Gyuri I know would try to end Silver Shadow, but she wouldn't hurt Chaoxing because she's not a part of them... Even though she's the leader's daughter..."

Gyuri glanced at me, her lips forming a smirk.

"Sharp eye."

"Where's Gyuri? What did you do to her?" I clenched my jaw.

"Oh, she's right here." Gyuri placed a hand on her chest. "She's fine. I didn't do anything to her."

"What the hell are you talking about...? Who are you?!"

"M-12 never reveals their shit."

"M-12? What the hell are you talking about?" I scoffed.

"That's for me to know," She started. "And for you to find out."

I furrowed my brows.

"Though I'm sure it won't take long. But just so you know," Gyuri stood up. "M-12 isn't the only thing you need to look out for."

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

"That's what she told me..."

Xinqian stared at me, then sighed.

"Gyuri is... Was an ambiguous girl..." She commented softly.

"Weren't you close to her?" I leaned back, letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Don't you know anything?"

"I can't this time. Sorry." Xinqian shook her head. "It's just... This is too twisted for me... Besides, I don't know what the hell M-12 is..."

"Huh..."

"Sorry, Yang."

"No, don't apologize." I shook my head, plastering a small smile on my face. "I should be apologizing for calling you out this late."

"No, don't worry about it." She chuckled. "I'm always happy to hear you out."

At that moment, the door creaked open, making the two of us turn to look at who it was. There stood a sleepy Xiulan in her unicorn pajamas.

"Mom...?" She called, rubbing her eyes. "I can't go back to sleep..."

Xinqian smiled as she walked towards the young girl, picking her up.

"Let's try again..." She softly told her before turning to me. "Do you mind?"

"No, it's okay." I chuckled before standing up. "Thanks a lot for listening."