𝟙𝟜

•■ He Xinlong ■•

The remaining Frozen Flame members stayed in one of their secret hideouts, training and planning their raid.

I mean, not that I care. I just gotta help them out and then I can yeet the fuck out of here.

I sat in one of the training rooms, staring at Chaoxing who was sitting on one of the benches. She tightly clenched her oversized sweater as she stared at her lap, biting her lip.

"She's still sad and all." I flinched at the voice and turned to find Zeyu standing beside me. "Sorry... But anyways, you should go comfort her."

"How do I even do that...?" I sighed, staring at Chaoxing again.

"Start with hugs."

"With what?"

"C'mon, bro. Don't act like you've never done that to her." Zeyu rolled his eyes.

"You want me to just come up to her and hug her?" I furrowed my brows. "No way! That's so weird and... Awkward!"

"Well, whatever, okay? I tried. I've done my part." Zeyu lifted his hands up. "I'm gonna go check on pregnant lady. If you need help, ask anyone but me."

Zeyu left the room, leaving me alone with Chaoxing. I stared at her, debating wether or not I should talk to her.

She might push me away.

But then again, she might not.

"... Fuck it." I mumbled as I stood up. I walked towards Chaoxing and sat beside her, on the bench. We didn't look at each other, and everything just got awkward real quick.

"... So..." I spoke up, breaking the silence. Chaoxing's head turned to look at me. Her void eyes met mine, making me flinch a bit. "N-nice weather, eh?"

A small smile formed on her lips as she chuckled silently.

"... Listen, Chaoxing..." I took a deep breath. "I'm-"

"Don't." She silently whispered. "Don't finish that sentence."

"... Okay...?"

Chaoxing emotionlessly looked up at the ceiling as if it were the night sky.

"I made the mistake, not you. I should be the one apologizing." She muttered before looking at me. "I'm so sorry..."

"... Don't worry about it..." I gave her a small smile. She returned it, but soon started tearing up.

"H-hold on..." She turned around, her back facing me, and wiped her tears. I heard her small sniffles, and honestly, I just wanted to punch Haknyeon for hurting her, and myself for fighting with her.

I let out a silent sigh before Zeyu's advice popped up in my head.

"Start with hugs."

I glanced at Chaoxing, her back still facing me. Taking a deep breath, I move closer to her...

•■ Liu Chaoxing ■•

I felt a pair of arms embrace me. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Xinlong resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Xinlong..." I breathed out.

"Let's stay like this..." He tilted his head to the left, his hair softly brushing against my neck. "Just for a while..."

I gave a small nod as I closed my eyes. He turned me to face him, then rested his head on my shoulder again. I leaned against the wall as my right arm snaked around his shoulder, holding him closer to me.