Chapter 5

Mahi's feet automatically took her towards the source of the melody falling in her ears.

Pragati held her wrist as she walked past her and Mahi turned around.

"Hame chalna chahiye rajkumari atithiyon ke aagnman hone ka shmay ho gaya hai swayamwar bHi jald aarambh hoga" She said as Mahi nodded in agreement. Both of them set in the paalkis and all the way back home all Mahi thought was who was that person who played such a beautiful melody.

Location: Outskirts of Sitagarh

Everyone was enjoying the melodious tune coming out of Madhav's flute as they almost reached their destination.

He stopped playing his flute as the chariots entered the main city. Adhiraj who was sitting beside Madhav in one of the chariots stifled his laugh noticing something.

He slightly nudged Madhav and signed towards his left. Madhav turned in the direction and noticed some girls standing and staring at him. He playfully winked and then smiled at them and all of them just sighed dreamily sliding to the ground.

 He playfully winked and then smiled at them and all of them just sighed dreamily sliding to the ground

The royal family entered the palace and were greeted by Mayank and Kalyani who stood there with a smile

"Aaye Maharaj bade dino baat bhent hui" Mayank said as he and Shivansh hugged each other. After they pulled apart Madhav came forward and touched Kalyani's and Mayank's feet taking their blessings.

"Ab to aap bhi maharaj ban chuke hain Madhav aur hamre saamne yun jhukna ek maharaj par shobha nahi deta" Kalyani said as Madhav straightened.

"Hum chahe maharaj ban gaye hon lekin hain to aap hamare bade. Aur aapke saamne jhukne mein kesi laja" He said as everyone smiled.

Location: Mahi's room

"Wese ek baat kahen rajkumari aap bahut bhagya shaali hain jo aapke swyamwar mein itne saare rajkumar wah maharaj aaye hain" The maids who were more of friends to Mahi teased her as they chatted a bit before Mahi started getting ready.

But Mahi was lost in the thoughts of the mystery person who was playing that flute.

"Khaaskar wo Suryani ke naye maharaj......kitna mohak roop hai unka" Another maid spoke up when Pragati entered the room. Mahi snapped to reality.

"Ekant" She said as maids left both of them alone. Pragati took an anklet lying on the table and sat down taking Mahi's foot in her lap.

"Hum logon balpan ki sakhiyan hain hamesha ek saath rahi hain.  Kintu ab aapka vivah hone jaa raha hai. Aapke duniya purnth badal jayegi" She said as she tied the anklets.

"Aapne rani sa ko ek vachn diya ab hum bhi ek vachan chahte hain. Aaye hamare saath" Pragati said taking Mahi's hand as Mahi frowned.

Location: Royal Garden, Sitagarh

Madhav was walking around in the garden feeling anxious as there was still a little time left in starting the swayamwar and trying to ignore Adhiraj who was pulling his leg.

Madhav rolled his eyes when he heard the sound of someone's anklets followed by a fit of giggles.

They walked a bit and came face to face with what they thought were the most beautiful girls in this world.

Feeling someone's presence Pragati turned around and noticed a lost Madhav looking in Mahi's direction.

Pragati and Adhiraj quietly sneaked out of there as Mahi turned around and everything around them stopped as looked into each other's eyes.

Tum Hridaya Mein Praan Mein,Kaanhaa

Kaanhaa...

Those hazel orbs drew Mahi in as she took a step forward. They held such love and care that she totally lost herself in them

Tum Hriday Mein Praan Mein,
Nis Din Tum Hi Ho Dhyan Mein,
Tum Hriday Mein Praan Mein,
Nis Din Tum Hi Ho Dhyan Mein..

Madhav on the other hand found a blazing fire in the brown eyes as he stepped towards her. A fire that protects what it loves and burns the rest.

Har Rom Mein Tum Ho Base,
Tu Shwas Ki Awaaj Mein...

Pragati noticed them coming closer and also the guards possibly coming to fetch the boys and maids coming to fetch her and Mahi.

Tum Preet Ho,
Tum Geet Ho,
Manmeet Ho Kanhaa,
Mere Manmeet Ho...

Unkown to all this Mahi and Madhav came face to face with a smile on their faces.

But before they can speak a word Pragati and Adhiraj came out and dragged them in opposite directions. Both of them turned at the same time and wished each other goodbye through their eyes.

"Kya kar rahi hain Pragati hume baat to karne deti unse" Mahj said as she was getting ready for the swayamwar.

"Agar wahan wo dasiyaan aapko dekhleti to anarth hojata aur aapko baat karne ki padi hai" She teased her.

Mahi just huffed but didn't say anything. Her thoughts first went to how would Madhav look like than the prince she met and lastly the mystery person who played that melody.

"Hey Narayan ye kya hora hai hamare saath" She mumbled as her mind confused her between the three.

--------------------------------------------
Comment. Vote.

Radhe Radhe. ❤️