Chapter 4

Aadhya

We didn't talk much after our engagement. Though we met at the station it was always about work. I mean we used to wish good morning and good night every day but that's it. He told me he wanted to give me some space as everything is going too fast and I really appreciate it.

Unknown to her these are the only days she can spend freely from the devil.

The wedding day finally arrived. I always wanted a simple ceremony. I don't like spending money on it unnecessarily. That money can help others and luckily he agreed to this. He insisted that I call him Abhimanyu or Abhi outside work but I said I need some time to adjust which he understood.

I am wearing a maroon saree with heavy jewelry and light makeup. My parents came to my room and told me I was beautiful. After some emotional moments, they led me to the stage. Abhimanyu Sir is already present in a maroon and gold Sherwani that matched my saree with a turban on his head.

The ceremony started. We exchanged garlands and he tied the sacred rope around my neck bounding my future with him. He applied vermilion on my forehead and kissed me there. He brought his face close to be his breath tickling my neck and lips slightly brushing my ears, "Finally mine" and kissed my earlobe. I was confused but blushed at his touch.

We are taken to have our dinner. Our cousins made us feed each other. I couldn't help but blush every time he brought his hand to my lips and my hands shook while feeding him. He would teasingly bite my fingers and wink at me making me all red.

After dinner, it was time for me to leave my parent's home. I cried hugging my father and mother. I couldn't stop my tears. Though I can visit them anytime I want and can call them every day, the fact that I won't be staying here with them hit me hard. Abhimanyu Sir waited for me patiently and led me to his car once I was all right.

His driver opened the door for us. After making sure I was comfortable in my seat he came through the other side and sat beside me. I was still crying. He moved closer to me and cleaned my face with a tissue.

Taking my face in his hands, he kissed my forehead, "Don't cry baby, you have me. You don't need anyone else." I thought he was trying to pacify me but didn't know how to. I was so wrong. I actually meant what he said but I was so naive and emotional to understand that.

We reached his parent's house shortly. It is a duplex house with a big garden. I loved it. I was taken into a room after the rituals. Seema his cousin brought me my bag to freshen up. He and I are the only children of our parents. I am not really too attached to any of my cousins. Seema came in with a glass of juice in one hand and a white saree in another.

"Abhimanyu Bhai asked you to finish this juice. He was worried as you're crying all the way from your house", she started teasing me. I blushed and nodded taking the glass from her

"Aunty asked you to wear this white saree as it is a tradition to wear white on their first night."

That's when it clicked on me. It is my first night. I am not ready for this. He would understand, right? Of course, he will. Sir is always understanding it's not like we won't do it but I need some time to adjust. I drank the juice and got ready.

Seema came back and took me to a room and handed me a glass of milk. She pushed me in and closed the door. I was startled. I looked around the room to find it empty. I relaxed and started observing the room. The walls are a grey and white combination on a few pictures of him were hanging on one side. It is decorated with rose petals and scented candles.

I was so engrossed in looking at his childhood pictures that I didn't realize him coming in. He cleared his throat and I turned around to find him in a white kurta pajama. His hair was still wet and the towel hanging on his neck so he came from the bathroom after showering.