006

At some point I couldn't tell what time it was, but I knew that I wasn't sleeping.
The sky turned orange and I knew that it's morning.
I haven't got any sleep for the last 24 hours.
I heard the people opening their shops and waiting for customers.

I got hungry, so I ripped of a piece of bread and quickly ate the piece.
Of course I wasn't fed up, but I guess this will be enough for the morning.
I yawned and stood up grabbing my bag.
Okay today I will start with the plan.

I didn't know where to go, so I decided to walk to the inner part of the village, trying to catch up some things that might be important to know.
The inner part of the village wasn't far away.
I was walking down a little path and enjoyed the smell of fresh baken bread in the morning.
Truth is that I am still hungry.
I can't help but have to think about food the whole time.
Maybe I should just eat one of the apples that I have left... but I can't eat everything that quickly.
I mean yeah I have enough money to buy myself more food, but at some point I won't have any money and then I can't buy myself anything until the captain brings me home.

These were my thoughts while walking into the inner part of the village.
I saw a few people, most of them seemed to look innocent and friendly.
But when I was actually in a populated place with many people, I saw a few of them wearing hats and blazers.
They looked suspicious, so I started to secretly follow them and listen to their conversations.

They were sitting at a caffe and had a talk together.
I sat a few tables behind them and tried to count them.
Three or four people....
„And what will happen after the new War-hammer titan gets chosen?" the man in the black suit asked.
„The new war-hammer titan will attack the devils island. They still have the-" the man in the dark green suit got interrupted by the man with the red suit.
„Not here you idiot!"

I grabbed my notebook and a pen out of my bag and wrote everything down.
While writing someone tipped me on my left shoulder.
I lay my arms over my notes so the person can't read them, then I turned around and saw the boy from yesterday.
„Oh... hey.. Coult?" I said, mispronouncing his name.
„It's Colt." he chuckled.
„Oh Yeah sorry... how does it come that you're here?" I asked him nervously.
„Uhm... this is the Place I usually get a coffee." he said looking to the coffeehouse.
„okay." I mumbled, waiting for him to leave but instead he just sat on the chair next to mine.
„What are you doing?" he asked me, looking at my notebook which was still covered with my arms.
„Oh uhm.... I'm... writing a letter..." I lied.
„Really? For who?" he asked me.
Okay well who am I writing to... I can't say any names from the island...
„Actually to no one... it's a letter to myself.." I said.
He raised one eyebrow.
„You write a letter to... yourself?"
I nodded and smiled awkwardly.
„Why?" he laughed.
„Ahm... because I have no one else.. to write a letter to.." I said.
„Family?"
„I have no family... I'm an orphan." I said.
Well at least this was the truth.
„Well uhm I mean you must have friends or at least a place to sleep at." Colt tilted his head to the side.
Okay This is my chance to try to sleep at his house.
I mean I don't really want to befriend him, but at least he seems to be nice enough to actually care about me.
„I don't have a Place to sleep... actually I haven't got any sleep last night.
I was just sitting under a tree, waiting for the sun to rise." I explained myself.
His eyes widened.
„You... you Can Sleep at my house as Long as you want to..." he stuttered.
Bingo...
„Really? That's so... kind of you..." I said smiling at him.
„Just Come... go get some sleep right now. My family will like you Juliet." he said.
For a short second I forgot that my new name is Juliet.
He grabbed my wrist and stood up.
I was still sitting there, looking up to him.
„Come... I'm sure you're really tired." he said.
I slowly stood up and lay my notebook in my bag.
After that I grabbed my bag and we both started walking to the direction of the little shop I was at yesterday.
While walking I noticed that he was still holding my wrist.
„Could you..." I said pointing at my wrist.
„Oh..." he mumbled, letting me go.
I smiled at him so he won't feel embarrassed or something like that.

When we arrived at the shop, the woman from yesterday was cleaning the shelves with a towel.
„Mom I'm back." Colt called trough the whole shop.
The woman turned around and looked at him, surprised.
„That went fast... oh you have a friend with you... didn't I saw you yesterday?" the woman said.
„Yeah.. I was buying myself some food..." I said.
I felt my ears heating up.
This is my chance to find a home... don't say anything wrong y/n.
„Oh... my name's Juliet." I added quickly.
„Nice to meet you Juliet." the woman said, smiling at me.
I felt a little nervous so I just looked at the floor.
„Well mom you have to know that Juliet has no family or home... she couldn't even sleep anywhere... could she live with us? I know she is a stranger but she is really nice..." Colt said, almost begging his mother to say yes.
His mother looked at me for a moment, but slowly nodded.
I started to smile even more.
I did it... Levi I have a Home...
„I am so thankful mrs. Grice. Of course I will do a lot of work... I'll work in this little store... clean your whole house. Everything you want me to do." I said.
„Oh my dear you don't have To do all of this. I see my boy Colt trusts you enough... so I will trust you too Juliet. It's not like you're some kind of enemy or something." the woman laughed giving me a warm hug.
It feels wrong.
This kind woman trusts me... and I'm kind of betraying her...
But I guess I have to do this...

„I'll bring you upstairs so you can get some rest..." Colt said.
I nodded and walked to a little door next to the cashier place.
He had a key with him and opened the door.

-
(Unedited)
So guys I see you aren't homeless anymore hehe
And also these weird men in their suit sound suspicious, don't you think..?
Stay safe guys<3
-R