Chapter 9:

I left you on a cliffhanger last chapter(but that's not really a surprise is it?) New chapter here! Idk if this book is good or not, but I'm going to keep going with it because I really want to finish it. I'm not really sure how I feel about the plot, but yea, lmk if it's good so far. Without further ado...Enjoy!  

Erica's POV
"Ben, don't take off your knee brace," I stated.

"Why? What if we have to make a run for it?" Ben replied.

"Oh, yeah. What if we do have to make a run for it on a plane?" I replied sarcastically.

"Haha, very funny. We could skydive, like what we did in Paris." Ben replied.

"Sure, we could do that. The only problem is that Agent Brown had anything needed for water landings and skydiving. And she isn't here."

"Sorry to cut in, but neither is Alexander and Agent Jones," Zoe impatiently said. Her big green eyes were getting bigger with panic. Ben placed his hand on her shoulder for comfort and she seemed to calm down. Obviously, I noticed this, just decided not to say anything.

"Yes Zoe, Agent Jones, and Alexander are missing, great detective skills," I said.

Zoe lowered her head a little. In fact, Ben scooted away from me a little as well. I noticed this too, but this time I spoke up. "You guys don't have to move away from me like I'm a deadly disease, you know."

"Sorry. But you seem particularly defensive right now." Ben said.

"Well, sorry for trying to pull this team together, when the two adults we had on this mission are gone," I said defending myself.

Everyone went quiet, so I changed the topic and continued. "Anyways, I don't want you to take your knee brace off, so she'll lunge at the weakest first, you."

"Um, excuse me?!" Ben said.

"I'm not done. You're the weakest because you apparently have a damaged ACL remember. That's probably why grandpa decided on that."

"Wow, Cyrus really did think of everything," Mike said.

"Grandpa always thinks of everything." I responded and continued, "So when they lunge at you you fight back."

I suddenly realized what I had said, but Ben beat me to it.

"Fight back? Me? Erica, I can barely beat a first year, let alone a trained Agent."

"Okay, maybe not fight back, but use your math skills for the better. Just catch her off guard, she thinks you have a damaged ACL, you know. Also, we don't even know if it's an Agent or not. Agent Brown could've turned on us instead."

"That's a good point," said Zoe.

"Then what are we supposed to do then?" Chip asked, signaling himself and Jawa.

"I need both of you to help find Alexander and Agent Jones. Zoe and I will fight the new flight attendant in the worst-case scenario, and Ben put your math skills to use. Calculate an angle to throw something or try and figure out who the mole is and why they are leading us to Jessica Shang. Does everyone have their roles? Great."

Then Mike decided to interfere with the plan and say, "What about me?"

"What do you mean 'what about me'?" I said.

"Everyone got their roles, what about mine?" Mike said.

I sighed a little. "Um, you can help Ben, you two are best friends right?"

"Yeah." Mike went to Ben and high-fived him. Those two are literally inseparable, I thought.

XXXX