Chapter 15:

Ben's POV

The helicopter rotors were so loud, I thought my eardrums were going to burst. My head was pounding from all the noise. The pilot on the helicopter turned out to be one of Orion's good, trusted friends, who was staying in one of his houses, here in Dubai. The pilot didn't talk much and it appeared Catherine had given Orion strict orders to make sure the pilot asked the least amount of questions. All I heard Catherine say through the noise was, "The fewer questions they ask, the less they know." But to no one's surprise, police arrived questioning why there was a helicopter near the mall.

"We're having a medical emergency." Catherine simply said. "My daughter over there is having hallucinations from smoke inhalation. We immediately called 998, and they said they will be sending a helicopter."

"What is grandma doing here? Hi grandma! Oh, and you brought your pet lizard!" Erica said to the police officer pointing at her walkie-talkie. "How is Ronaldo doing? Did he finally pass math class? Ha, that's a funny rocket," she said pointing to a passing plane. Honestly, Erica should really consider taking up acting. Then she "passed out".

"Ahem," Catherine said, "Sorry my throat's a bit itchy."

"Oh uh," that was everyone's clue to start panicking. "Omg, June!" I know it wasn't much but the acting was one of my lowest points in espionage. Instead, Jessica stepped in.

"Oh ah, what do we do, uh, isshegoingtobefinebecausenowI'mreallyworried."

"Oh, my poor granddaughter," Cyrus said, he stepped in as an old man and was twice as convincing than Erica. 

"Okay, if you excuse us, officer, we really do have to get going."

"Uh but-"

"Thank you!" Catherine said as she slammed the helicopter door and the pilot started.

"Okay, time to get moving," Erica started, hiding all aspects of her old personality. "Helicopters are extremely slow so tell me we are going to take a plane."

"Good plan, Erica." Cyrus then exclaimed to the pilot, "Well you are here to help right? So tell us, are we taking a plane?"

The pilot talked for the first time since we met him, "We are, Orion, suggested it would be faster so we are making a quick stop and switching to one of his planes."

"Great, that should be approximately... Ben?"Erica turned to me.

"Er, 14 hours I think," I said.

"Great, you know what that means," Erica stated.

"We get to sleep for 14 hours?" Mike said somewhat hopeful.

Erica turned to Mike with utter disbelief on her face and Mike quickly corrected himself, "I was obviously just kidding."

"Sure you were, no, what this means is that we have 14 hours to get as much research done as possible."

"Erica sweetheart, don't you think it might be good if some people get some sleep?" Catherine suggested gently.

"No," Erica stated. Noticing the look on her mother's face she groaned, "Ugh, but I supposed since some of you," she eyed Mike, "need sleep and can't stay up for two days straight like I can, you can sleep." Mike opened his mouth to say something but then Erica made it very clear, "NOT for the whole flight."

"Aww, Erica, don't be so boring. It'd be cool to sleep for 14 hours straight, like a cat."

"Ugh, you have 14 hours and the first thing you think of is sleeping like a cat?"

Mike opened his mouth grinning, "Yes."

At that point, we were all laughing and Erica even grinned a little, as if she found the fact that Mike even got recruited, with thinking like this, amusing.