Chapter 14:

Erica's POV

We were all in the car driving to get gas. Mike, Ben, and I were all squished in the back. Grandpa and my mom were in the front. Grandpa was giving directions trying to use an old fashion map, while my mom was trying to follow along.

"I don't understand, Cyrus, we could just use the GPS on the phone. Erica's phone is so secure I bet SPYDER couldn't even hack it," my mom said.

"No, we can't risk it. Now turn slightly left, and then make a U-turn twice," my grandpa said.

"I can't follow what you're saying, Cyrus."

"Let me drive."

We pulled over and Cyrus switched spots with my mom.

"Don't know what you're saying, pft. Just make two u-turns and then turn slightly left at an angle." Cyrus muttered under his breath.

I was busy typing away at my computer trying to figure out where SPYDER went. Ben was talking to Mike trying to figure out SPYDER's plan.

"This is too hard. Ugh!" Mike exclaimed while putting his head down. "I'd rather be taking Self-Defense class."

"Not me. I suck at that class." Ben said.

"You'll get there," Mike said.

"No, I won't. You know I won't." Ben said as his phone dinged. "Uh, does anyone know whose number this is? And why are they texting me the letters I and S?"

"Oh that must be Jessica," I said, "I gave her your number so she could tell me when she's safe."

"Why didn't you give her your number," Ben replied stupidly.

"I've never given out my number to anyone if it isn't an emergency," I said plainly.

"Well, what do I say then?"

"Just replied with 'okay' and put EBM after it. I told her that if it says EBM, which if your dumb and haven't figure out it's our initials put together, then she would know it was us." I said and continued, "So since she is safe we can continue with the rest of the mission, right?"

"Er, yes?" Ben replied.

"Ahh, what was that for!?" Mike said almost crashing through the window as Cyrus made a sharp turn abruptly.

"Just following the map, now did you figure out what SPYDER has planned?"

"No," Ben said.

"Well hurry up." Cyrus barked. "What about you Erica?"

"Oh," I said. Then things took a turn. It was all over the news. Every notification I got was about it.

"What? What is it!" Cyrus said.

"It looks like there was a fire at the mall, right next to the Nike store. It's all over the news."

We arrived at the gas station, and my mom was filling up the gas. She suddenly said, " Well, let's go."

It took us double the time to get to the mall, because of Cyrus and his maps, but we made it. As soon as we pulled up, firefighters were coming in and out carrying children and helping seniors. It didn't look that bad until we stepped inside. The fire had spread quickly. We waited in the car for about 45 minutes when finally the fire was put out. We sneaked in and headed straight for the Nike store.

"We need a code. Shoot." Mike said. But I knew exactly who to ask.

"Ben?" I said.

"Oh, it's 5781."