Chapter 4:

Erica's POV

Bullets flying through the air. Ben had tried to hide, I pulled out my gun, and fought back while Ben was communicating with Cyrus.

"Cyrus, we have a red alert. Murray and two other people have started shooting at us."

I couldn't hear what Cyrus had said since Ben was talking through an earpiece, but I heard Ben answer, "Er well you see I'm not really the best with guns."

I assumed Cyrus had told Ben to actually do something instead of talking to him. I also assumed that Cyrus and my mom were on their way. Ben seemed to be inspecting the room while I was busy with Murray and the two thugs, which was exactly what I wanted him to do. He might not have fighting skills but he comes in handy when there's problem-solving involved. I couldn't pay attention any longer to what Ben was doing. Because one more thug had arrived. Dane Brammage. We had tried to kill him several times by drowning him in a freezing cold lake in the mountains when we were skiing, launching him into a shark tank, and many other ways. But he never seemed to be dead.

Ben's POV

I decided while Murray and the two other thugs were distracted with Erica, I might as well do something to help this case. I cased the room. I had felt there was something I had missed. Then I found it. My eyes pinpointed on a specific poster. It looked somewhat like a schedule. I took out my phone and snapped a picture of it. Then I got closer to it. I read times, very specific times. Then I saw my name. Above the time schedule, I saw the name BEN RIPLEY in all caps and bold. I looked closer and the times. I looked over for the first time: 3 AM. I looked at the date of this schedule. It said June 24. Today, I thought. Why is there a time schedule for today? With my name on it?

I looked closer. Next to the 3 AM mark it said, ERICA HALE, ZOE ZIBBLE, AND MIKE BREZENSKI ALL ARE IN BEN RIPLEY'S ROOM. THEY HAVE ALL TAKEN THE BAIT.

"Erica, we need to get out of here. I found something." I turned around to find Erica, Cyrus, and Catharine fighting different thugs. Cyrus had just finished fighting off his thug and Erica and Catharine were wrapping it up. Once Erica was done, she came beside me.

"What did you find?" She said.

"I found this schedule. With my name on it. And very specific times. Look at the 3 am mark."

"Erica Hale, Zoe Zibble, and Mike Brezenski are all in Ben Ripley's room. They have all taken the bait." Erica read aloud. "Ben, you might be onto something."

Cyrus gave a look, which meant he wasn't very impressed.

"I have to agree with Erica, Cyrus," Catharine said.

"What does the last space say?" Asked Cyrus.

"It marks all the way down to midnight. The last space filled out was 8 am." I answered.

"Well, read it," Erica stated.

"It says, Ben Ripley and Erica Hale have climbed out of the principal's car. They have appeared to have done something to make her unconscious."

"How does this person know where we have been all day?"

"I don't know. Looks like someone's been tailing us." Erica said.

"But how would they know exactly what was going on at 3 am. We were all at the CIA then. And the camera's are really hard to hack."

"Maybe SPYDER wanted us to think they hacked the security system. But we always know SPYDER isn't what it seems," Catherine said.

"I think I know how they know everything," Erica said.

I quickly caught on to what she was thinking. Catherine and Cyrus were both staring at us waiting.