"WELCOME TO MY FUCKED LIFE" ♡

002

002.
INDICA MONROE

"bitch move imma be sick." ayanna groaned and ran to the bathroom.

"ADELYN MOVE I HAVE TO THROW UP TOO!" i heard her scream at the top of her lungs.

we were all fucked up from last night. cat and i woke up still high, and ayanna and adelyn were obviously hungover.

"so you gone be a girly girl or gangbanger this summer?" cat's random ass asked me, and yawned as she walked out of her room.

"bitc— ...gangbanger." i replied.

"i fuckin knew it." she replied. "glad to see we on the same page."

adelyn walked out the bathroom groaning. she walked into my room and flopped on the bed.

we stayed on the second floor of a 2 person house in bushwick. there were 3 bedrooms. ayanna slept on the pullout couch in the living room, since she be in and out.

ayanna and her mother have a terrible relationship. her mom is a bad mother. she was on drugs, and always had guys over that made ayanna feel uncomfortable. my mom raised ayanna for most of her childhood, until she was about 13.

my mom and ayanna's dad were brother and sister. ayanna's dad passed away three years after she was born. he was kidnapped by a rival gang leader, and tortured to death. after his death, was when her mom changed forever.

i grew up with a jamaican father and trinidadian mother. my dad often disappeared without a trace a lot during my childhood. as my mother and father had a very toxic relationship. when something went wrong, he would just up and leave. every time he would come back, my mom was there to let him in everytime.

i was the only child. my mother and father were 17 when they had me. for the first three years of my life, i lived with my mom and grandma. eventually, i moved into a small apartment with both my parents.

growing up, we were poor. we struggled to pay bills. my mom worked 2 jobs, and my dad was always on the block when i was growing up. so, i would be at home by myself most of the time. growing up i was always a smart kid. i always had gotten good grades up until high school.

freshman year is when it started. i started skipping school, and smoking weed. i would come to class high all the time, and i wouldn't understand what the fuck was going on.

by my sophomore year of high school, my dad had already been gone for about a year and a half. so i got a job at a hair salon, to help out my mother with the bills. my main focus was on that.