"SAGE" ♡

finale

finale.
023.

INDICA MONROE

deangelo walked into the hospital room about an hour after he left, with a black eye and a fresh cut on his face. we all turned to look at him in confusion.

"the fuck happened to yo ass?" slim asked, as he took a sip of the slurpee cat bought him from 7/11.

"baby your face!" i cried, and touched his black eye softly, making him flinch.

"ight, ease up. that shit burn." he said, and hissed.

"sorry." i said. "who did this to you?" i asked, worriedly. i wrapped my arms around him tightly, catching him off guard. he slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"mannnn... y'all not gonna believe this." deangelo started, and pulled away from the hug so he could turn to face everyone. he still had one of his arms around my waist. "pierre still fuckin' alive."

"hold on, who the fuck is pierre?" cat asked, and furrowed her eyebrows.

"his bumass dad." demonte said with an eye roll.

my mind raced to a million places at once. i didn't know much about deangelo's father, cause he didn't like to speak on him. which was understandable, cause i hated speaking about my dad too. the only things he had told me about him was that he was abusive to all of them and ruined their lives.

"how the fuck that nigga not dead?" rico asked. "didn't somebody smoke his ass?"

"apparently not shit." deangelo mumbled under his breath. "it adds up. i mean, when he died all we had gotten was a phone call saying he was shot and killed. we all hated his guts, so we didn't care to find out anymore information. so we left it at that." he explained.

"so how does this explain your face?" cat asked.

"well CAT." he said, mugged her, and took a brief pause. "he's back because he found out my mama had a kid with somebody else."

"the fuck he expect her to do?" ayanna asked. "see this what i mean when i say family ain't shit but fucked up"

"damn right." he mumbled lowly. "anyways, so boom i go in the house with my mama, and he's jus' sittin' in that bitch unbother—

deangelo got cut off by adelyn walking into the hospital room, slowly. we all paused what we were doing, and watched as she walked in, looking depressed as ever.