01

new year's ―
01. midnight kisses

People were everywhere and Drew was anxious.

It was New Year's Eve and the cast of Outer Banks decided to spend it in New York before going to Charleston to film the second season of the show. They were currently heading out of the hotel so they could go to Times Square to see the ball drop at midnight but while everyone was cheering, Drew was quite overwhelmed to be in a place with so many people.

The thing is, he loves to party and be at a bar, but when he's in a place where everyone was cheering and screaming and bumping to each other, he felt anxious and only because he couldn't deal with all of that at the same time. So to say Drew was thrilled to be back at the hotel after the ball drop was an understatement.

    "Hey, you good?" Drew snapped out of his thoughts and soon looked at Madelyn, giving him a quick smile.

    "Yeah, just nervous." Drew shrugged.

    Madelyn nudged him. "Hey, we're here, it's going to be fine. If you really need to step out, tell us right away, okay?"

    Drew smiled and grabbed Madelyn shoulders, pushing her towards him. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

Madelyn smiled back and both continued to walk towards their destination, catching up with the rest of the cast. Drew was aware that everyone had an idea that he has problems with anxiety, even though he never actually told anyone about it, however, with Madelyn was a different story. One day, back in filming season one for Outer Banks, she went to Drew's trailer to call him for a scene when she caught him having a panic attack and helped him calm down, and since that day Drew knew he could always count on her.

He knew that he could trust her, so, as time went on, he felt more comfortable being with others, just knowing that she was always around and understood what he was going through.

    "Drew, do you want something to eat?" Madelyn asked beside him.

He looked properly at the scene in front of him and realised that everyone stopped beside a man who was selling hotdogs and other types of food in a mini-van.

    "No, I'm okay thank you." Drew spoke.

    "Man, you're not hungry?" Rudy looked at him weirdly. "We ate like 3 hours ago!"

Drew gave a short laugh. "No, man, I'm serious. I'm still full because of all the hamburgers."

    "True that." Madison nodded. "Those hamburgers were huge! I feel like throwing up."

Rudy looked at her dumbfounded and nodded his head in disappointment.

    "If you guys complain later, I'm not responsible for my actions."

    "Shut up, Rudy." Austin spoke and directed his attention to Drew. "And a drink? Beer?"

Well, Drew couldn't say no to that.

    "Sure!"

    "Anyone else?" Austin looked at the others.

Soon, everyone had the things they asked for. Drew, Austin, Jonathan and Madison had their beers in their hands, meanwhile Rudy, Chase and Madelyn had their hotdogs.