epilogue

new year's —
epilogue.

NEW YEAR'S EVE - new york

People were everywhere and Drew wasn't anxious this time.

It was New Year's Eve and Kira and Drew decided to spend it in New York before he went back to filming Outer Banks season three in Charleston. They were currently outside, heading to Times Square where the ball would drop at midnight. Last year this time around, Drew was anxious to be in a crowd full of people, overwhelmed to be in a place so full of life; this time it was different, he had Kira by his side.

He looked at her, their hands intertwined; Kira had the biggest smile on her face, happy to be back in New York. Their relationship grew a lot this past year, they were able to do some long distance when Drew went back home for awhile to North Carolina and Kira to her job and some classes she had to take. Their relationship online was also something that they were cool about it, even though they made their relationship public they didn't publish each other a lot; private but not secret, you know? And so, their relationship, even though it had their downs, was something that they were very proud of.

"Do you want to grab something to eat?"

Drew snapped away from his thoughts and looked at Kira, her pointing to a food truck. He smiled unconsciously, remembering last year. 

"Just a beer it's fine." He said.

Kira nodded and payed for two beers, handing it one to him. They continued walking and made themselves in Times Square with a pretty good view to see the ball drop. The environment was crazy, people laughing, singing, just having a good time. He remembered last year Chase taking a picture to send it to his mom and Madelyn teasing him about it; he also remembered him thinking how lonely he was, how he decided to just gave up on finding someone and that if the right person would come, he would know.

Now, he had found that right person, in that very night. Drew looked at Kira, placing his arm around her shoulder, pushing her towards him. He had found someone who made his life so much easier and fun, worth living. Kira looked at him and smiled.

"I know what you are thinking." She smirked.

"Hm? Tell me then."

She wrapped her arms around his torso.

"How last year we met, on this very night." She smiled at him, remembering the first time she looked at Drew and felt something pulling her towards him. "How everything changed."

Drew smiled and looked at the time displaying almost midnight. "And how you approached me carefully, got closer to me..."

"...And you looked at me and didn't back away, from this random stranger." She added and got closer to his face, moving her hands towards it.

"And I let you, something pulled me to you. I let you kissed me."

The clock struck midnight, everyone cheered, welcoming the new year and Kira and Drew kissed. This time, not as strangers but as lovers. Drew wasn't kissing a random girl anymore, but he still felt all the butterflies he felt last year; how strange destiny worked.

Kira pulled away from him.

"Happy New Year, handsome." She smirked.

Drew laughed and kissed her one more time. This time the girl didn't turn around and leave, she stayed; she stayed with the man she felt some much love towards to. 

Drew just knew that he kissed the love of his life on midnight on New Year's.

THE END.

author's note.                  

that's it my beautiful people. New Year's is offically over.

this is so bittersweet, i'm so glad i finished this story, it truly was my pride and joy. i'm so sad to end this and leave Kira and Drew behind, i love their story so much and how i potrayed it. Kira is my fav oc, from all the characters i wrote and deleted, she is one of my favs, she feels like a real life friend. I'm gonna miss her and her friends too, so much.

i want to thank everyone for all the love and the comments, you made me so motivated to finish this, thank you <3

( going to edit this story now, so don't be alarmed if u see multiple updates ahah )

( my JD story is on my profile already, go check it out! it's coming soon. possibly you're gonna see more of kira and drew there :) )

I LOVE YOU THANK YOU <3