39

new year's —
39. dinner

wednesday - 8:12pm, california time

      "Kira! Come give me a hug!"

Carlacia screamed when she saw her and both girls ran to each other's arms, laughing, swaying to the sides. Kira and Drew arrived to Austin's apartment, on the fourth floor, for the dinner that he prepared for his friends. They were welcomed with Carlacia opening the door and screaming when she saw Kira, but soon after Madelyn and Madison, hearing the commotion, rushed to the door.

"I missed you so much!" Madison joined the hug and Madelyn did the same.

The girls all hugged together, leaving Kira with her heart so full of love, so lucky to have people that cared about her still, cared about her like this. Drew, still standing beside her, looked at her girlfriend and her friends with such adoration that when Jonathan appeared beside him to greet his friend, he didn't even notice.

"Hey man!" He cheered and Drew looked at him and smiled.

They shook hands, a short hug in between. 

"So good to see you!"

"So good to see you too, man!" Drew replied.

The girls stopped the embrace and Madelyn took Kira's hand and rushed her to greet the others that were in the living room. However, Kira looked behind her searching for Drew and when she found him, he nodded and smiled, reasuring that it was okay to leave him. She looked to his left and saw Jonathan.

"Hi JD, missed you dude!"

"Hey, Kira. Missed ya back!"

He laughed at the way Kira was still being pushed by Madelyn, this one not letting her go for a minute and then disappearing from behind the corner. Drew shook his head, laughing with his friend.

"I'm not getting my girlfriend tonight, am I?" Drew commented.

Jonathan shook his head and placed his hand on Drew's shoulder.

"I'm afraid not, my friend." 

Both laughed and went to the living room, where they could see Chase, Rudy and Austin hugging or crushing, whatever you want to call it, Kira. It was so nice seeing his friends caring about her, his girlfriend - Drew still couldn't believe that Kira was his girlfriend now, that felt unreal.

"Alright, alright, let my girlfriend breathe, please." 

Drew went to fetch Kira from his friends, pushing her towards him, his arms wrapping around her shoulders.

"You just want her all for yourself." Rudy complained.

"For real, but today she is ours, I don't care." Madison intervened and Kira laughed.

She looked at Drew. "I'm sorry, handsome. You have to let me go."

Drew rolled his eyes, but with a smile on his face, and unwrapped his arms that was around her and Carlacia took advantage and grabbed Kira's hand.