24

new year's —
24. sunrises & kisses

same day, 05:12am - charleston time

      Kira left the house and Drew was already waiting for her.

"Did you bring the swimsuit like I told you?" He asked.

Kira nodded and got down the stairs of the porch and met Drew. "Yeah and you?" She joked.

"Of course I brought mine." Drew chuckled. "Now, c'mon. Let's go before the sun rises."

Both started to walk to the beach, which it wasn't so far away from Kira's house in a confortable silence. Everything around them was so quiet, everyone still asleep in their beds, dreaming about everything that the mind wanted. It was these moments that Kira felt more at peace, the quietness of the universe, the calm before the storm of the day, the stress surrounding every person out there. She looked at Drew beside her and he, sensing that he was being watched, looked at her. 

"What are you thinking?" Drew asked.

Kira shrugged and looked ahead, at the houses and the road. "How much I love these quiet moments."

Drew smiled and said nothing. He never met someone who gave life so much meaning, that didn't care about the future and was only focused on the moment. She was so carefree and so spontaneous, that Drew was starting to feel so good, so less anixous around her that he didn't know what he would do if she just left from his life.

Soon enough, they reached the beach, after walking around just for the fun of it and got in the sand. They walked for a bit, before reaching the middle of the beach and stopped.

"Let's sit for a bit? " Drew asked.

Kira nodded and watched Drew sat in the sand with his legs open.

"Come sit in the middle." He said.

Kira smiled and let herself sit between his legs and her back hit his chest. He placed his arms around her and she snuggled against him, feeling his warmth. She looked at the ocean ahead, watching in the horizon the sun starting to creep between the sea, trying to get out of his cave. She felt Drew resting his head on her's and she placed her hands on his arms, hugging him.

"Can I tell you something?" Drew said quietly, afraid to interrupt the quietness of the earth.

"Go ahead." 

"This might feel a bit rushed, but my feelings are all over the place at the moment." He exhaled. "I'm trying to focus on the moment, not thinking about the future, just like you."

Kira felt her heart almost getting out of her chest. "And what are you trying to focus?"

She felt Drew arms tighten around her.

"I think I'm staring to like you, I mean-" He sighed. "I like you, okay? But this feels so weird because I know you for like a month and I feel like everything is so rushed, my feelings, my heart but I can't shake this feeling that this is good and I'm trying to focus on that. It's just...Wow, I don't know how to explain but-I guess this is new for me. I never met someone and had these feelings so quick, I mean, I'm an anxious guy and everything for me comes really slow because my heart, can't handle the speed of everything around me, you know? Gosh, fck me I'm embarassing myself and I'm s-"

Kira broke away from the embrace and turned around to see Drew's face. He went quiet for a moment, watching her looking at him.

"Drew?" Kira asked.

"Yeah?"

"Take a deep breath." 

He sighed and she gave a small laugh, watching him doing the same.

"I'm sorry, I was doing the exact thing I was saying. I was thinking about everything."

She smiled. "You were."

Drew rubbed his hands on his face and sighed. Everything to him was so fast, his life, his feelings, he just wanted to stop for a bit. Being in this beach with nobody around them, only being with Kira beside him...he wanted more of that. He wanted more of this quiet life, this quiet life with Kira and the quiet of her life. He wanted her because she feels good to him.

"Hey..." she started.

He took his hands off his face and saw how close she was to him. She placed her hands on his face, flashbacks hitting him of the night they met, her doing the exact same thing before kissing him.

"The last one in the water is a rotten egg." 

She started to laugh and got up quickly, taking her shirt off in the process, and running to the water. It took a minute to Drew to process what was going on but quickly got up, doing the same with his sweater.

"Hey! That doesn't count!" he yelled and he just heard her laughing.

Both started to run towards the ocean and soon enough they jumped into the water, feeling eletric. They were laughing, splashing each other with water and feeling that moment, watching the sunrise from behind them. After awhile, Drew swam towards Kira, placing his arms around her waist. They looked at each other, observing, truly feeling what each was saying to the other through their eyes. Everything stopped and Drew wanted nothing more but just to feel her lips on him, really feel them.

"C'mon, kiss me." Kira exclaimed.

He laughed. "As you wish."

Drew closed the space between them, all butterflies in his stomach. It felt so right, this moment, her; he wanted this in his life. Kira placed her arms around his shoulders and Drew took this opportunity to grab her legs and placing them around his waist. Kira smiled against the kiss, she never felt like something was in the right place and the right time, until now. She didn't want to leave this moment. But soon enough, they were gasping for air and being in the water, took away their breath a little bit more. They opened their eyes and looked at each other, smiling.

"This time you didn't run away." He observed, smirking.

"You idiot." She laughed and threw water on his face.

Drew protested and started to play with each other, the sunrise behind them signaling, almost, a new beginning.

author's note.        i love this chapter so much!!!!!!!
i'm so happy how it turned out and i hope you like!
we had our kiss people <3

thank u for ur support, i love u!!! and thank you to @COSSMIC   for helping me bringing back my love for writing again after so long.