31

new year's —
31. surprises

saturday - san francisco time

kruiz  1min ago

. . .

      "Let's get this party started!" Someone yelled.

Everyone at the house cheered, the music getting louder and drinks being served promptly. Blair and Kira arrived at the party with Flynn and Marcus, who decided to tag along. They decided to stop by the kitchen to grab some drinks for themselves and went outside, where some people were scattered around doing some drinking games, talking or just simply enjoying the music. The house was right next to the beach, so it had these stairs that led you right to it and since it was a chill night, the majority of the people were outside; a bonfire being held.

"Let's go dance, please!" Blair exclaimed and took Kira's hand.

She looked at Flynn and Marcus, pleading silently for help. Blair was a dancing machine and even though Kira loved to dance, she couldn't keep up with her. Her friends just laughed and clinked together their plastic cups, earning a middle finger in response from Kira. The dance floor was something improvised on the beach, a dj booth - more like a table and a laptop and these small lights flashing on the floor. 

"Love the vibe we're getting." Blair snorted and Kira joined her.

"Don't laugh, I like it."

Blair placed her hand on Kira's shoulder. "You like everything."

Kira shrugged her shoulders and grabbed Blair's hand, spinning her around. The girls started to dance to 00's music, more people joining them and soon enough, everyone was screaming to the lyrics of Britney Spears. Marcus and Flynn, not wanting to be left out, joined them. They danced for what felt like hours and decided to step out a bit, to rest, sitting on a log closed to the bonfire.

"My legs feel like jelly." Blair sighed and started to strech her legs.

"Come here, you silly."

Flynn grabbed her legs and placed them on top of his, massaging them. Kira looked at Marcus, both friends smirking at each other.

"Oh yeah, that feels good." Blair rested her body against Marcus and closed her eyes.

Kira looked at Flynn and did a heart with her hands, this one giving her his middle finger in response. Marcus laughed and started to do kissing faces, Kira soon joining him. Everyone knew that Flynn liked Blair, but not her apparently.

"Stop it." He whispered.

Kira and Marcus leaned on to each other, laughing - it was too easy to pick on on Flynn. Kira grabbed her phone soon after, recording Flynn and Blair, evidence to show to Lucas and Elliot tomorrow afternoon. They kept talking, the drinks coming one after another - courtesy of Marcus, enjoying the long night they had ahead and Kira found herself back on the improvised dance floor with Blair, now dancing to this upbeat song from the 90's. Flynn stayed back with Marcus on the log, typing most of the time on his phone, getting a eyebrow raised from his best friend. He could see that Flynn was nervous by the second and he even tried multiple times to ask him what was wrong, but he wouldn't give in.