5 | No Promises

January 3rd
Turks and Caicos
11:15am

"Where are you taking me now? We could've went to the beach right outside of the crib for all of this." Sade groaned on the side of Cito. They held hands as they walked down some stone steps onto the beach. She felt like it was pointless to drive to another beach when they stayed right in front of one.

"Sade" Cito warns, his tone was showing her that her nagging was starting to annoy him. She let go of his hand and moved over from walking so close to him. He just gave her a annoyed glare, before reaching for her hand again but she pulled back. He just sucked his teeth he wasn't going to kiss her ass. If she wanted to be corny then he was gone let her. She woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed and unfortunately he's the one that had to deal with it.

"I was just calling it how I see it." Sade mumbles, looking from the water and further ahead she can see horses in the distance causing her to stop in her tracks.

"C. Why would you br-" Sade started before Cito cut her off.

"Hold on, I know you said you were scared of horses and shit. But look, this sumn we never gonna do in New York." Cito tried to reason with her. He could see the discomfort in her face but he felt like thats what he was here for, to help her have a good time. He felt she handled the small conversations well enough for him to talk about his PTSD and he just wanted to return the favor. She was slowly becoming someone he could actually talk about things that were beneath the surface. On the other hand she bit the inside of her cheek trying not to smile so hard.

She allowed him to pull her towards the stable on the reef, knowing that with this man she didn't have much of a choice. However one thing about it, she knew that with him she was safe. "Just make sure you don't ride too far away from me" she says looking up at him behind her shades. Cito looked down at her with a funny look in his eye "common, you know I'm not" he replies. Stopping he leans down and balls up the ends of her sundress that was dragging all in the sand. He peeped that she kept tripping on it. "Thank you" Sade smiles. Holding the dress's train in one hand he held hers with the other as they approached the stable and its instructors.

"11:30 Reservation for James" Cito said to the man at the counter.

"James? I see why he calls himself Cito now" Sade thinks to herself, "so he isn't the man from my dream, his name started with a D" she thinks again but she remained quiet. She looked around the shop SB's admired the decor. Everything was clean and neat, exactly how she liked things. He picked a really nice place, as she expected because from her observations so far he was a man of great taste.

Cito loved to tease her about being Stush or bougie but he wasn't too far off. Yeah he was a hood nigga, born and raised in the projects but he was a clean ass nigga. She smiled as thought about the first time she saw him on the plane. "Not even a piece of lint was on this man." Sade thought. She loved that he even irons his clothes every day. Lost in thought she felt a few squeezes to her palm before she looked back over at a smiling Cito. He was so charming without trying.

"Yes sir, right this way. Your instructor for today, Phillipe is already out there with both of your horses waiting. Please, if you need anything I'll be here. Thank you again for choosing Stallion Cove." The man said leading them back out the door to see their activity awaiting them. Sade hid behind Cito's tall frame as he interacted with Phillipe, who was giving them the rules and regulations.