10:Lost in the woods pt.2

I carried Joni on my back as Edward was trying to find the way back. It's either I'm too thin or Joni is too heavy because I am this close to dropping her. "Oh No!" I heard Edward scream. I jumped and accidentally dropped Joni. When I realised, I immediately apologised. "Oh my god! Joni I'm so sorry, oh no Julian is going to kill me." I stared at her leg and noticed it was sprained.

"We need to follow the river back to the campsite but the river is no where to be seen! If we don't get back we'll be in big trouble!" Edward started messing with his hair. "What trouble?" Joni asked. 

Joni huffed. 

I sighed. "Edward do you have any medical supplies?" 

I stared at Joni's successfully bandaged leg. "Thank gosh Nurse Mika taught me how to bandage a leg." I mumbled as I sighed in relief."Thank you Y/N!"

I heard Edward groan. 

"We're now lost, Joni's ankle is sprained and now she can't walk. Theres no way we can get out of forest. Theres no hope." Edward says as he hid his head in his arms. "No way! Irwin and my brother are probably looking for us right now! We can't give up!"

"Give it up already! This forest is so big and there's no signal. They'll never find us."

"Well if they cant find us, then we could find them. If I remember correctly, tons of people thought it would be impossible for anyone to survive but there were around 20 people who survived. You can't keep insisting we'll die here. Let's just set up a camp fire and a tent for tonight. We'll search for the others tomorrow morning."

~

"Here."

Edward handed e a bowl of soup. "Thanks Edward." I smiled. 

"Your backpack is full of treasure!" Joni exclaimed. "I often go camping so I always bring essentials with me."

" Are you a gloomy kid or just too pessimistic?" Joni asked.

"Be grateful this gloomy kid got you to eat dinner tonight.' Edward rolled his eyes.

"Haha sorry...You're strange to you know. " Joni rubbed the back of her neck. "Weren't you just panicking over Emilia just now. You're literally laughing." 

"Well I think Emilia will be fine." I said.

"How do you know? She screamed so loudly just now." 

"You don't know anything, Emilia will scream even when she sees a beetle so i'm sure she's fine." Joni showed a peace sign. "What makes you so sure?" 

"Im not! I just know. I believe will be fine." Joni shrugged. 

"You remind me...of someone" Edward whispered. 

"Who is it?" I inquired.

"N-Nothing."

"Let me guess, its Pauline?" Joni said wiggling her eyebrows. "Of course not! Who cares about that Tarzan girl?!" Edward shouted hugging his bag with his face flushed red. "Okay okay we get it now let's make a simple tent for the night." I chuckled.

~

Edward and Joni were asleep. Edward was on watch first and it was now me. I sighed. I hope we can find Irwin and the others soon.

.....

"Oi Joni! It's your turn. Joni?"