Chapter five; Alexander

TW!!
mention of self-harm & panic attacks.

Alone

Alone.

Lying down on the dirty floor of this street hallway I felt alone.

She doesn't believe me, my mate doesn't believe me.

I know this stab wound wouldn't kill me, so I just close my eyes and feel the pain, hoping it would ease the pain in my heart.

Why does she hate me?

Am I that ugly? or does she hate that I am an Alpha?

I can't believe I cried in front of her.

'Never show emotion.'

I shake my head wanting to get his stupid words out of my head, he's gone now, I think to myself.

He's gone.

He's gone.

He's gone.

I start to shake violently, my hands and legs shaking, uncontrollable tears streaming down my face.

'You're pathetic.'

'I wonder who would want to mate with a stupid dog like you.'

'You aren't meant to be an Alpha.'

"Please stop." I cry out, clutching my head, my claws descending, breathing heavily.

"Alpha, are you okay? What happened?" mindlinks me Ethan, my beta. I take deep breaths. No one should see me this way, especially my pack members.

"Meet me at the apartment, Ethan." I manage to mindlink back.

My hands stop shaking 15 minutes after Ethan's mindlink.

Opening my eyes and looking up at the blue sky, I wonder how ruined I must look right now, I spend another 10 minutes praying to whatever God out there to not make all this crying evident on my face.

Standing up, I must I've forgotten that my lovely cute mate stabbed me, I hiss and quickly clutch my stomach, stopping a nearby taxi.

The taxi driver thankfully doesn't ask much, he just asks for the address of the place I'm going to and money. I'm pretty sure he can't see my miserable face due to me sitting in the backseat.

After 30 minutes of driving, I pull out my wallet giving the taxi driver 50 dollars, and mutter, "Keep the change," thankfully my voice isn't hoarse anymore. The driver's face brightens and I hear him say a little 'thank you' before I get up and walk over to the apartment.