Chapter fifteen; Alexander

I groan as my cream-covered hand touches the burnt flesh of my chest

I groan as my cream-covered hand touches the burnt flesh of my chest. These burns hurt so much, how am I supposed to put that on my face?

Thinking of my conversation with Lilith, I wonder if I had been so harsh on her, she helped me, she bandaged me maybe she likes me?

And I probably shattered all of that by telling her off, but she smiled at me...

She probably did it because I looked like a beaten-up dog. She wouldn't even have acknowledged me if that whip was meant for me, she wouldn't even look at my face.

My face is ruined now, I don't blame Lilith for not liking or wanting to be associated with me after this.

The small mirror she gave me wasn't that effective in trying to see with one eye and put cream on my other closed eye, so I decided to go to the bathroom.

I needed a shower anyway, I just don't know if I could shower with the burns all over my chest.

Standing up from the bed my chest hurts more but I've handled enough pain in this life, some burning doesn't bother me that much. I walk into the connected bathroom this ugly room has and a large mirror greets me when I face the sink.

A huge horizontal burn scar starts at the top of my left brow to the end of my right cheek, it's almost like it's crossing my face out.

How will anyone bear to look at me again?

I look like a monster. A scarred monster.

Maybe Lilith was right, maybe werewolves are monsters, I'm a monster.

Breathing heavily I close my eyes, wanting to not look at my face ever again. Already everyone hates me, what will they say when they see my face now?

I clench my fist, looking up at myself. This is who I am now, a monster. The person who children will look at and run away rather than hug him as he is their alpha. A few tears run down my face, I'm weak.

I'm so weak.

Punching the mirror, shards of glass fly into my hand and scatter through the floor. Clutching the sink tightly, I try and calm myself down, this is not the time for one of my episodes.

I raise my hand in front of my face and start taking out the shards of glass, hoping the pain will calm me down.

Exiting the bathroom I open the dresser in front of my bed and take out some clothes and towels, entering the bathroom again.